You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-20 16:18:48

regid

Wiki article about creating packages for other distributions

Article is here.

• Are there contradicting statements?

Creating_Arch_packages_in_OBS_with_OSC wrote:

Note: For building, you must upload your PKGBUILD file as well as the source files (by uploading or letting OBS download the files). OBS uses virtual machines without networking support and cannot download any file.

Just by this note, without any other information, am I the only one confused about OBS ability to download files?

• Building packages for other, and Arch, distributions

While I am at it, I am not sure the article does not deserve a more accurate title. By its title, I was not able to figure out that Open Build Service (OBS) can create Archlinux, and other distributions, packages. It also mentions the Pacur tool. And few of its General comments are not necessarily related to packages for other distributions. Is Building packages for other, and Arch, distributions a better title?

powerofforreboot.efi (AUR): Utilities to be used from within a UEFI boot manager or shell.

#2 2021-05-20 17:36:50

lahwaacz
Wiki Admin

Re: Wiki article about creating packages for other distributions

Why have you asked on the forum? Use the talk page on the wiki.

#3 2021-05-20 18:55:37

regid

Re: Wiki article about creating packages for other distributions

I am confused when to use Forum & Wiki discussion, and when to use an article talk page. In any case, I have copied my opening message to the related article talk page.

Last edited by regid (2021-05-20 19:19:40)

powerofforreboot.efi (AUR): Utilities to be used from within a UEFI boot manager or shell.

Board footer