You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-20 15:54:19

oxeleo

Yamaha THR Editor

Hello.

I've created PKGBUILD for Yamaha THR Editor. It's not in AUR yet, as I'm not sure how to handle the license.
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/57648_en.html

1. Regarding distribution:

You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.

According to this, AUR package is not considered redistribution, so it should be ok?

2. User is required to click "agree" when downloading from their website. Should PKGBUILD present the URL to the webpage with license and ask user for agreement?

3. There is no license file supplied with the installer. Only on the website when downloading. Does this mean I also don't have to supply the license file, or should I add it to the package manually as text file?

Thanks.

Last edited by oxeleo (2021-05-20 15:56:18)

#2 2021-05-21 08:20:14

a821

Re: Yamaha THR Editor

I think it's OK for submission, but IANAL. You can leave a pinned comment in the AUR page or a comment in the PKGBUILD (or both) to instruct the user to download the package from upstream. In the PKGBUILD you can use the "local://" protocol in the source array for the file.

I would copy and paste the license from the website in a separated file and submit it to the AUR together with the PKGBUILD (assuming distributing the license itself is allowed... again IANAL).

Board footer