You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-02 16:26:43

Durden
Member
Registered: 2011-06-19
Posts: 257

[Solved] Kernel selection bug

Just ran through the newest installer which offers to install the linux-zen kernel. When selecting linux-zen and de-selecting linux, the systemd-boot loader entry keeps linux as the kernel and does not select linux-zen. I caught this when chrooted at the end and checking the entry conf file. Not game breaking but a step I think thats not accounted for in the installer.

Last edited by Durden (2021-06-02 19:48:58)

Offline

#2 2021-06-02 18:04:20

Torxed
Member
Registered: 2013-01-10
Posts: 166

Re: [Solved] Kernel selection bug

Unfortunately this was an oversight on my part after implementing the new option of selecting kernels. It has been fixed a few days ago, but until the next release adding "-zen" to the boot loader entry is the only workaround for now.

Here's the tracked issue on the matter: https://github.com/archlinux/archinstall/issues/532


Ps, thanks for reporting it and I'm happy to see that forum notifications work now for new posts :D

Last edited by Torxed (2021-06-02 18:05:20)

Offline

#3 2021-06-02 18:44:33

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 13,021

Re: [Solved] Kernel selection bug

I think the problem here was that this is the first post that actually originated here, all others needed to be moved so they probably don't trigger the "new thread" notification.

Offline

#4 2021-06-02 19:34:03

Durden
Member
Registered: 2011-06-19
Posts: 257

Re: [Solved] Kernel selection bug

Torxed wrote:

Unfortunately this was an oversight on my part after implementing the new option of selecting kernels. It has been fixed a few days ago, but until the next release adding "-zen" to the boot loader entry is the only workaround for now.

Here's the tracked issue on the matter: https://github.com/archlinux/archinstall/issues/532


Ps, thanks for reporting it and I'm happy to see that forum notifications work now for new posts big_smile

No problem. Great work by the way I'm enjoying the installer. The only request I would have from here is more control over the btrfs filesystem option. Thanks for everything you're doing

Offline

#5 2021-06-03 09:28:45

Torxed
Member
Registered: 2013-01-10
Posts: 166

Re: [Solved] Kernel selection bug

Durden wrote:
Torxed wrote:

Unfortunately this was an oversight on my part after implementing the new option of selecting kernels. It has been fixed a few days ago, but until the next release adding "-zen" to the boot loader entry is the only workaround for now.

Here's the tracked issue on the matter: https://github.com/archlinux/archinstall/issues/532


Ps, thanks for reporting it and I'm happy to see that forum notifications work now for new posts big_smile

No problem. Great work by the way I'm enjoying the installer. The only request I would have from here is more control over the btrfs filesystem option. Thanks for everything you're doing

Thank you for the kind words, and I'm working on that too!
Next release will have better control over partitioning and file systems in general.

Tracked here if you wanna follow the progress:
* BTRFS stuff: https://github.com/archlinux/archinstall/issues/93
* Partitioning stuff: https://github.com/archlinux/archinstall/pull/426

V1del wrote:

I think the problem here was that this is the first post that actually originated here, all others needed to be moved so they probably don't trigger the "new thread" notification.

Ah, that would explain it. And that's perhaps one of the draw backs of "older forums" if I may use that term, tagging users and notification logic might not be as flexible smile Atom feed it is!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB