You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-15 17:49:57

llamaWol

Minecraft freezes when joining new world

Hi everyone,
I'm having an issue with minecraft 1.8.9 freezing on world loading after a few times. I've googled a bit but couldn't find any solutions and rarely any similar cases. I have tried switching to all types of different java versions, mess around with my minecraft settings and even mess around with different distro's but it keeps happening.

To describe the issue further: After a few times of loading in a world, it freezes on the dirt screen. I have joined the game (tested on a server) but I can't do anything and see the dirt screen. The freezes have become longer over time and happening faster as well.

I hope someone can help me out with this because it's frustrating me quite a lot...
- Llama

PS: Sorry if I put it in the wrong category, didn't really know where to put it.

Last edited by llamaWol (2021-06-15 17:51:00)

#2 2021-07-28 08:12:22

Memylicious

Re: Minecraft freezes when joining new world

sorry for the necro, but i wanted to bump this as im having the exact same issue on arch as well, exactly how they described and have been trying to find ways liking new java versions, different clients, different settings, different java arguments, etc. but nothing works... anyone have any ideas?

#3 2021-07-29 21:25:22

llamaWol

Memylicious wrote:

sorry for the necro, but i wanted to bump this as im having the exact same issue on arch as well, exactly how they described and have been trying to find ways liking new java versions, different clients, different settings, different java arguments, etc. but nothing works... anyone have any ideas?

I was thinking it had to do with my laptop getting overheated, which’d make it run slower but that’d be weird since on macos or windows I have no issues at all…

#4 2022-01-13 14:41:06

LinuxHeki

This is happening to me too, and not just on Arch but also on Pop and Fedora with vanilla and lunar client. I need to open terminal and kill the process. The only thing I found on the internet about this is this post and minecraft bug report thats "resolved": https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-85356

In logs I found more than 20 exactly the same errors when I just switch one lobby:
Error executing task
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192)
    at g.a(SourceFile:45)
    at ave.av(SourceFile:881)
    at ave.a(SourceFile:325)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:124)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at auo.d(SourceFile:229)
    at bcy.a(SourceFile:1392)
    at hr.a(SourceFile:113)
    at hr.a(SourceFile:13)
    at fh$1.run(SourceFile:13)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at g.a(SourceFile:44)
    ... 3 more

Board footer