You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-20 17:35:40

Guh

Problem with pulseaudio-alsa and wine.

Hello, I have a bluetooth headphone so I am trying to use use wine with alsa through pulseaudio-alsa. Most of the time when I try to start wine the audio does not go through pulseaudio even though pulseaudio is listed as the output device in alsamixer, and instead plays through the speakers through alsa. Only sometimes does it go through pulseaudio correctly, appear in pavucontrol, and output audio through my headphones. How can I fix this and make it so that the audio is always outputted through pulseaudio with pulseaudio-alsa? Other applications work fine with the configuration, only wine is having trouble.

#2 2021-06-20 18:40:41

bernd_b

Re: Problem with pulseaudio-alsa and wine.

If you start

winecfg

using your WINEPREFIX, you can select the output device(s) using the settings in the "audio" tab.

Still, you want to use pulseaudio? pulseaudio-alsa is for applications which are not able to output to pulseaudio natively, but using alsa instead, to my knowledge at least. So it would be cruel to force wine to use alsa just because then pulseaudio-alsa will take care for of redirecting the audio to pulse?!

#3 2021-06-20 22:54:32

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Problem with pulseaudio-alsa and wine.

You don't want to try that, wine has native pulseaudio support since quite a while. Which driver is used on the aforementioned Audio page of winecfg?

Board footer