You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-21 17:25:26

TheLightTwist

[SOLVED] Cursor goes weird when put on right edge of the screen

As described in the title, a problem with the mouse cursor. When I move it to the right edge of the screen and below the middle, when I return the cursor is at the level of the middle of the screen. The cursor must go completely off the edge of the screen for the effect to occur. When using two monitors, the cursor starts to behave strangely. When playing the error on an additional monitor, the cursor is also at the level of the middle, but already on the main screen. At the same time, the settings are such that the additional monitor is to the right of the main one.
However, if I make it "above" the main monitor, the error does not occur on the main monitor (the cursor does not go over the edge), but it occurs on the secondary monitor and the cursor also returns to the secondary screen. If you synchronize the screens or make the main monitor as the main one, the cursor on the main monitor may go over the edges again, and the error also occurs.
The main screen is a laptop, the additional screen is connected via HDMI.
I think that the problem is with Xorg itself since I ran xinit where twm was running, (I use Plasma where KWin is used) but I have already tried doing pacman -Rsndd, then installing again and generating config.

What other information to attach I don't know.

Also, I want to add that in the game I have the map scrolls when I move the cursor to the edge of the screen, so when I move it to the right and below the middle the map scrolls, but... in the opposite direction, i.e. to the left and up. It feels as if the cursor goes to a nonexistent monitor, and then it goes to the upper left corner, except that the problem occurs even with disabled external monitors.

Last edited by TheLightTwist (2021-07-22 06:55:05)

#2 2021-07-21 17:48:02

TheLightTwist

Re: [SOLVED] Cursor goes weird when put on right edge of the screen

I just changed my kernel to lts and everything works as it should. A kernel bug? If so, please ask those who know how to send it, I have no idea how to properly design such an important bug report

#3 2021-07-21 20:04:45

seth

Please post the output of "xrandr -q" in either condition.

#4 2021-07-22 06:54:32

TheLightTwist

I ended up solving the problem.
I have hybrid graphics, and my laptop monitor is only connected to Intel graphics. However, when automatically configuring Xorg, it thought I had two Monitors (for each video card), and accordingly created a Screen for each, and by default placed the non-existent one to the right of the real one.

Board footer