You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-23 16:15:44

archforthewin

[SOLVED] Offline installation of packages does not work

Hello guys,

I followed the instructions of the Arch Wiki Article: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Offlin … od:_Pacman.
I downloaded the .db files, created a pkglist, downloaded these packages on another machine and put the downloaded .pkg.tar.zst packages into /var/cache/pacman/pkg.
The problem is that if I try to install them with

pacman -S package-name

there are a lot of errors like this:

error: failed retrieving file 'perl-error-0.17029-3-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.xmission.com : Could not resole host: mirrors.xmission.com
warning: too many errors from mirrors.xmission.com, skipping for the remainder of this transaction

Similar errors occurs when I try to install other packages. My machine has no internet connection so the error apears.

My question is why pacman seemingly try to fetch the file from the mirrors do and not use the packages which I have manually copied to /var/cache/pacman/pkg?

Last edited by archforthewin (2021-07-24 19:47:55)

#2 2021-07-23 17:55:03

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] Offline installation of packages does not work

You're going to want the .sig file as well. Are you sure you're getting the exact version?

#3 2021-07-24 13:37:55

archforthewin

Thank you very much!! That worked. Maybe the Arch Wiki Article should be corrected?

I need the offline installation to install the driver for my wifi card to get internet access on the arch iso. Then I want to go through a normal installation process.

lspci -k

on the arch iso gives me the following output:

02:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 8852
Subsystem: Lenovo Device 381e

So I think I need this driver: https://github.com/lwfinger/rtw89

My next problem is that I need linux-headers installed on the arch iso to compile and install the driver from source code. But where do I get the headers for kernel version 5.12.13-arch1-2? The repo only contains the headers for the newest kernel if I see that correct...

#4 2021-07-24 19:42:01

archforthewin

Hey guys,

I have solved the problem alone by realizing that there is an Arch Linux Archive... There I have downloaded the linux-headers and installed the WiFi driver successfully.

Board footer