You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-21 20:14:37

Toadfield

I can't install with guided installer,I get a partition error

I get this error:

New partition never showed up after adding new partition on Filesystem(blockdevice=BlockDevice(dev/sda), mode=2) (timeout 10 seconds).

whenever I try to install arch with guided installer.
I boot with the archiso by selectiing "usb:intenso rainbow" in my boot menu.
I already got an error when selecting my drive (swap:unknown filesystem),I selected a ext4 drive that already had an other os on it and selected the basic partitioning option and then ext4.
I downloaded the latest arch iso from the worldwide mirror.

#2 2021-06-21 20:31:52

Slithery
Administrator

Re: I can't install with guided installer,I get a partition error

Moving to 'Arch Linux Guided Installer'.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#3 2021-08-16 06:32:55

diortemew

Re: I can't install with guided installer,I get a partition error

I'm new to Arch and recently had to replace an HDD due to install errors over the past 36 hours. I didn't even know the guided thing existed until about 35 minutes ago. Since I have an old system running FreeBSD, I swapped in a new SSD with Windows 10 Pro on it and tried this guided process out of curiosity. I kept getting a partition error, especially concerning the sda1-efi and sda3-fat32. So I ran fdisk /dev/sda, used g to make it gpt, then hit Enter until it used the entire disk for a Linux system. Then I used t, then code 30 for LVM. Finally, I wrote it with w and rebooted the PC (in case the ISO was still reading/writing to the disk, I didn't want to risk it). After that, the guided installer wrote to the disk just fine. I don't know what the issue was, I'd never had to do that before, but that may help you. If not, I tried.

Board footer