You are not logged in.

#26 2021-08-15 18:03:38

Yukarin

Re: Random system hangs in browser

Tried a clear system install without luks and btrfs - just gpt partitions and plain ext4, tested in gnome/wayland and plasma/x11/wayland, and just got another oops - here. Also I've seen a lot of "purging gpu memory" messages right after the oops in tty.
So that's definitely not fs/dm issue...

#27 2021-08-16 07:01:35

seth

So you've a stack corruption in libdbus-1.so.3.19.13 (looks like a nullptr resolution), crashing dbus-daemon and a stack corruption in libc-2.33.so, crashing polkitd and another stack corruption in libdbus-1.so.3.19.13, crashing dbus-daemon again and kernel oopsies when trying to collect the stack of those processes resulting in

Aug 15 20:44:51 laptop kernel: Fixing recursive fault but reboot is needed!

In the meantime, wpa_supplicant disconnects and terminates, chromium receives a SIGTRAP and then segfaults…

The professional description is "clusterfuck".
The initial problem is likely the dbus segfault, causing the session to terminate and then fall apart on the way down, but dbus wasn't updated in over a year, so it's probably not the ultimate cause.

Please check whether you can replicate this watching videos from your disk, you can download them first w/ yt-dl, but the context is our best lead, so we need to segment it.

#28 2021-08-22 16:10:05

Yukarin

Seems like I found what caused system hangs and oppses. That's probably out-of-tree xtables module I use because of my ISP's retarded DPI.
Removed the rule alongside with modules and no hangs since Aug 17. This is kinda strange because I used this module for more than a year with no problems...
Want to test it a bit more before cloisng the thread as solved.

Board footer