You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-26 14:42:30

Moltke

ArchWiki article: Sysctl, improving performance.

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a nice life! smile

I've read this https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Sysctl … erformance time and again, and even applied some "recommended tricks/tweaks", i.e.

vm.dirty_ratio = 10

and

vm.dirty_background_ratio = 5

and they seem to indeed slightly improve performance. However, I don't have quite clear yet whether the "recommended tricks/tweaks" are intended to be used in a server rather than a desktop, since the article doesn't say. Does anyone here know anything about that? Another thing that I'm not sure about is the network "tricks/tweaks", the ArchWiki reads

The default Linux network stack is not configured for high speed large file transfer across WAN links

And then there are some "recommended values" one could use which are supposed to improve performance, but it isn't clear to me whether those are only useful on a wired or wireless connection, both? Have you ever used any of these "tricks/tweaks"? What's your experience? Thanks for any answers in advance.

Judges have decimated, meanings of our laws, already guilt? something has a flow, wrongly accused, blindly confused, open your eyes, wake up realize!

Board footer