You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-04 10:27:39

orane

Getting a 1080p shell from an installed Arch build like the ISO

I've installed Arch a few times now following the install guide but am pretty much a complete novice, I'm wondering what service/package/configuration option/kernel parameter is responsible for running the arch iso in 1080p that I'm missing when doing an 'installation guide' install, which only ever runs the shell at 600x400 resolution.

If this is a repeat question or in the wrong place I'll remove it but any insight would be appreciated, thanks

#2 2021-09-04 12:33:42

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Getting a 1080p shell from an installed Arch build like the ISO

If your final install includes the nvidia driver that is one of the draw backs that it doesn't natively support a full res console and there's little you can do about that (... apart from not caring about that VT and instead run a terminal emulator in full res glory inside your X session)

If your final install does not include the nvidia driver and you do get that you might want to setup early KMS: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Kernel … _KMS_start

Sometimes there are also issues with BIOS/UEFI level compatibility modes and if you've done an UEFI install you might want to check that the BIOS compatibility mode (CSM) is disabled in your UEFI.

Last edited by V1del (2021-09-04 12:40:25)

Board footer