You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-02 09:32:23

martinc2

after suspend, poweroff causes reboot (xps 9300)

Hi,

I have an xps 9300 running nicely, with one remaining (minor) niggle:  If I suspend the machine, all works fine, but the next time I shutdown/poweroff (via kde/plasma or commandline) the machine will reboot.  This only happens one time after each suspend/multiple suspends; if I haven't suspended the machine after booting, poweroff works as expected.  No difference whether I'm on power or battery, whether I have an external monitor, which kernel I'm running, etc. etc.  (If I hibernate, the "suspend effect" lasts until the next poweroff.)  Other than checking the BIOS settings (nothing looks relevant) I have no real idea where to start with this:  Any pointers?

#2 2021-09-13 01:45:37

AsterisMono

Re: after suspend, poweroff causes reboot (xps 9300)

Same problem here with Lenovo Air14 (R5-4600U), after hibernate-resume cycle,  shutdown becomes reboot and suspend/hibernate will cause laptop to instantaneously wakeup.
However, this happens *every time* when I try to shutdown/hibernate/suspend in a "hibernate-resumed" session, forcing me to take the hard way to poweroff - Long pressing power button.
Tried disable all items in /proc/acpi/wakeup, no luck.

Edit: Did you enable S3 sleep in BIOS Settings to replace Modern Standby (S2idle,S0ix)?
They seem to conflict... Switching from S3 Sleep to Modern Standby solves my hibernation problem.

Last edited by AsterisMono (2021-09-13 02:58:13)

Board footer