You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-05 22:40:00

Dr-Bracket

Rename AUR Package

There's an old thread here on the topic but I don't want to necrobump.

I maintain the package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openrsc-launcher-bin/ but want to drop the -bin suffix. There is no open-rsc-launcher package.

Is the proper action in this case to hit "Submit Request" and merge into the non-existant "open-rsc-launcher"?

Any guidance appreciated -

#2 2021-11-05 23:05:56

ayekat

Re: Rename AUR Package

Dr-Bracket wrote:

There is no open-rsc-launcher package.

That PKGBUILD there simply downloads an already-built .jar file (instead of building things from source), so that qualifies as a -bin package. Whether or not there is a non-bin package doesn't matter here AFAIK.

For the general case, you could push the package under the new name, and then request the old packagebase to be merged.
But again, this wouldn't be valid here.

pkgshackscfgblag

#3 2021-11-06 01:33:05

Ammako

ayekat wrote:

That PKGBUILD there simply downloads an already-built .jar file (instead of building things from source), so that qualifies as a -bin package. Whether or not there is a non-bin package doesn't matter here AFAIK.

Packages that use prebuilt deliverables, when the sources are available, must use the -bin suffix. An exception to this is with Java. The AUR should not contain the binary tarball created by makepkg, nor should it contain the filelist.

#4 2021-11-06 16:13:07

ayekat

Hmm, I missed that part, apparently.

Not sure what the "AUR should not contain tarball/filelist" means in this context, though, but I assume Java is a little special, then. Thanks for pointing out.

pkgshackscfgblag

Board footer