You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-11 23:08:34

Mowgli

System bugging after blackarch installation

Hi everybody!
So here is my concern.
I just install blackarch on top of arch following the steps given on the blackarch website. The installation went very well and I've successfully installed all the tools from the blackarch repository(yeah I know it might seem foolish but I did it on purpose). But the problem is when I open the "Applications Menu" and try to launch any application, the system freezes for at least 2 seconds (the mouse can't move anymore and nothing seems to be working) before everything goes normal. Note that everything perform very well apart from when I open the application menu to launch an app. It's kinda it takes time to load all of the app and this cause the system to freeze for a while. So, is there any  way to fix this?
I am using an hp pavilion g6 notebook with intel® Core™ i7-3520M CPU @ 2.90GHz × 4 and 8gb of RAM

Thanks!

#2 2021-11-11 23:17:27

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: System bugging after blackarch installation

Ask on the BlackArch forums, we only support Arch.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2021-11-11 23:32:02

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: System bugging after blackarch installation

Mowgli wrote:

I just install blackarch on top of arch following the steps given on the blackarch website.

You mean the ones where they tell you to pipe a curl command into a root shell to blindly run as root a random untrusted and poorly written script that you've never even looked at?  Congrats on finishing your first penetration test: you failed, your system has been penetrated.

You could step through whatever script you downloaded and try to undo anything it has done, but I'm not sure it'd be worth it.

Forget black arch, learn something useful:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

Last edited by Trilby (2021-11-11 23:33:12)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer