You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-06 11:13:45

Kippi

[SOLVED] gdm not obey org.gnome.display.lockdown disable-show-password

I am on Arch Linux with gnome-shell v40.4 and gdm v40.1. A while ago some classmates were able to trick me into showing a good portion of my password by toggling the password reveal button while I was away and watching me typing my password in. So I've tried to disable it and stumbled upon the org.gnome.display.lockdown disable-show-password settings. According to this it should disable the password reveal button.

I've set this for both my user and the gdm user to true. I also followed this guide and set it to true in /etc/dconf/db/gdm.d/00-lockscreen and /etc/dconf/db/local.d/00-lockscreen. Also when I run gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.lockdown disable-show-password under my own or the gdm user it always returns true. Nevertheless, the password reveal button is shown on the lock screen as well as on the login screen.

I've set other settings with the gsetting command line utility for the gdm user (like setting org.gnome.desktop.a11y always-show-universal-access-status to false) and it always worked perfectly fine.

I've found nothing which could help me so far so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Kippi (2021-11-13 12:20:17)

#2 2021-11-13 12:18:29

Kippi

Re: [SOLVED] gdm not obey org.gnome.display.lockdown disable-show-password

Nevermind, with GNOME 41 it now stated working all of a sudden

Board footer