You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-16 14:10:51

lsccabral

Static noise on headphones while laptop is charging

Hello!
I'm on a fresh Arch Linux install. Spent almost a year on Fedora, with Gnome Wayland, and now I decided to return to a minimal setup, since my computer was getting slower.
Yesterday, I installed Arch and some basic packages. I'm using pulseaudio for sound and also installed tlp for power management. Everything was working fine. Today, I tried to listen to some music and heard a static noise whenever a sound was played. When the laptop is not charging, the noise disappears. I already made some research and tried to turn off power saving options and even uninstalling tlp. Also tried these steps: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PulseA … io_quality
My laptop is an Asus Z450L.
Thanks in advance.

#2 2021-11-16 15:49:30

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Static noise on headphones while laptop is charging

Can be coil whine from simply getting a current, but if this "just" appeared recently, do you have a (kernel) update timeframe?

#3 2021-11-16 16:08:00

lsccabral

Re: Static noise on headphones while laptop is charging

Hi!
I didn't have this problem while on Fedora 34 and 35 (I bought this headphone when I was already using Fedora, so I don't have any experiences with other distros).
The kernel wasn't updated since I installed Arch. The current kernel is linux 5.15.2.arch1-1.

Board footer