You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-27 23:56:23

4romany

Installing SecureCRT from Vandyke

I'm a long time Ubuntu user and have been looking at archlinux - but one of the programs that I use (purchased) is securecrt.   Vandyke does a great job of supporting Ubuntu - and a few others - but archlinux is not one of them.   I have not done a lot of research on this but wanted to know if I have a DEB or tar of the program is there anyway to (try) install it on archlinux?   And before someone responds back what wrong with XYZ alternative to SSH from the command line?  And the answer is that securecrt allows you to create "button" bars where you can define all kinds of commands for all kind of difference technology.   That feature alone was worth the $100 I paid for the software and putty or terminal SSH is a very poor substitute .   I used securecrt for years at my last company - and love the software.  The vendor is just great to work with and constantly improving their app.    I'm just looking for breadcrumbs on how to even try this. 

Thanks for any tips..

...Romany

#2 2021-11-27 23:58:09

2ManyDogs
Forum Moderator

Re: Installing SecureCRT from Vandyke

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

#3 2021-11-28 03:49:30

4romany

Talk about a link for great breadcrumbs!   I was able to fumble my way to actually getting SecureCRT installed in Arch.  Thanks for that very quick reply!!!

...4Romany

#4 2021-11-28 13:17:10

2ManyDogs
Forum Moderator

You're welcome. Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] (edit the title of your first post).

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

Board footer