You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-29 23:27:47

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

archiso include AUR package?

With the help of archiso wiki I created one test iso according to my design. What's still missing is to include fvwm3 from AUR. Where to add the install script or is there a custom repo?
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/fvwm3

Last edited by rasat (2021-11-29 23:31:06)

Markku

#2 2021-11-30 18:03:37

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: archiso include AUR package?

The ArchWiki says to set up a custom local repository. I've never actually used archiso though.

#3 2021-11-30 19:09:12

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Thanks, that's the best option.
After a search reading similar questions by others, the easiest is to follow the archiso wiki guide by creating the custom repo in your own system: /mnt/repo/Packages. Without going into detail, this is the sequence of how to do. 1. Download the AUR snapshot, 2. makepkg, 3. move pkg to repo folder, 4. repo-add (create/add database), 5. edit /etc/pacman.conf, and 6. copy everything to related folders in /usr/share/archiso/configs/releng/airootfs/ including 7. add the AUR package(s) name in packages.x86_64 list.

Last edited by rasat (2021-12-01 07:00:42)

Markku

#4 2021-11-30 20:29:59

qinohe

Yep, and if you want to also include a properly working pacman.conf that includes your local repo you need to do more.
I have a script that creates both the pacman.conf and a pacman.conf.bak automaticlly for me...
So you would need to do: in your working dir copy 'pacman.conf' to 'airootfs/etc/pacman.conf.bak'
Add this line 'mv /etc/pacman.conf.bak /etc/pacman.conf' to 'airoofs/root/customize_airootfs.sh', like this:

#!/usr/bin/env bash
#
# SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-3.0-or-later

set -e -u

# Warning: customize_airootfs.sh is deprecated! Support for it will be removed in a future archiso version.
mv /etc/pacman.conf.bak /etc/pacman.conf

[moan]
It's shitty this file will be removed in a future edition, you can do very nice 'things' with this file;-) I hope there will be some sort of replacement...
[/moan]

edit:line 3 : working(I mean profile, but my script builds this 'profile dir' from a template, which gets removed after ISO was build...)

Last edited by qinohe (2021-11-30 22:34:49)

#5 2021-12-01 07:25:17

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Without the customize_airootfs.sh there doesn't seem to be other scripts that allow to run bash commands? My first intention was to download the AUR package with the command line "yay fvwm3".

Markku

#6 2021-12-01 15:01:07

qinohe

I don't think there is a file you can use that can do the same, no. You can use a systemd-service in some cases, but, that would still be an ugly workaround for something that can be done during build-time.
You could use 'yay fvwm3' or 'makepkg' command in 'customize_airootfs' but, using a customrepo is the way to go, I never use tools like yay myself, but do 'abuse' the below example sometimes.
I don't know if this below example will actually install fvwm3 but this is how you could have used yay.
In your customize_airootfs

install_yay(){
  mkdir -p /build-tmp
  git clone https://github.com/Jguer/yay
  cd /build-tmp
  make 
  make install
  make clean
  cd /
  rm -r /build-tmp
}
install_yay

yay fvwm3

edit: change fvwm3 link for yay's link  :-)

Last edited by qinohe (2021-12-01 15:11:18)

#7 2021-12-01 21:19:38

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Thanks for the hint. The customize_airootfs.sh is no longer available.

Everything is now setup. The new iso works fine. Loads lightdm and the username demo does login. Only what is missing, where and how to get the network manager to start automatically? Works fine manually: "sudo systemctl start NetworkManager".

Last edited by rasat (2021-12-01 21:24:33)

Markku

#8 2021-12-01 21:33:43

qinohe

That's done by using a systemd-service have a look at this part https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Archiso#systemd_units

edit: btw. what do you mean,

rasat wrote:

Thanks for the hint. The customize_airootfs.sh is no longer available.

but sure it is still available; https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/ … chiso#L354

edit:change link

Last edited by qinohe (2021-12-02 05:36:37)

#9 2021-12-02 10:17:16

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Rarely dealing with systemd, didn't managed to get the network manager link/config correct:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service /usr/share/archiso/configs/releng/airootfs/etc/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service

For time being, I added the below command line in the Fvwm3 ./fvwm/config (aim of making this iso).

Exec exec $[FVWM_USERDIR]/scripts/network-manager.sh
qinohe wrote:

but sure it is still available; https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/ … chiso#L354
edit:change link

No, archiso 59-1 doesn't include customize_airootfs.sh (pacman -Ql archiso). The mkarchiso script allows to add it manually, which is good for those who want to use it. Line 380

if [[ -e "${pacstrap_dir}/root/customize_airootfs.sh" ]]; then

Last edited by rasat (2021-12-02 10:19:51)

Markku

#10 2021-12-02 15:39:54

qinohe

rasat wrote:

Rarely dealing with systemd, didn't managed to get the network manager link/config correct:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service /usr/share/archiso/configs/releng/airootfs/etc/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service

That line is wrong, you're not making that link on your host, but, for your guest ,,, in the profile dir, so it would be

ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service airootfs/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants

No, archiso 59-1 doesn't include customize_airootfs.sh (pacman -Ql archiso). The mkarchiso script allows to add it manually, which is good for those who want to use it. Line 380

if [[ -e "${pacstrap_dir}/root/customize_airootfs.sh" ]]; then

Well, nobody knows when it's removed but for the time being it works (Version: 59.r0.gb8c9b9b-1).
The example I showed in #4 is what 'customize_airootfs.sh' should look like.
But, your free to use or not use it... ;-)

edit: I didn't really notice this earlier, the only command that needs 'elevation' is mkarchiso(for now), you shouldn't need/use sudo for anything else.

Last edited by qinohe (2021-12-02 16:57:08)

Board footer