You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-19 13:17:31

medicineman2500

Possible steps to get Xbox One 1914 Bluetooth controller on Arch Linux

Arch Linux: 5.15.10-arch1-1
Adaptor: ASUS BT400 bluetooth usb adaptor
Controller: 1914

Two days. Two gd days to get this working. Figured I would share the love as no doubt others have purchased ahead of holiday season or just in general.

Steps I used to get this working:

1. Had to install xpadneo, which is weird
2. Paired with Windows 10 on a desktop machine (my laptop had a driver error for some reason) and updated the firmware using the Xbox software found in the Windows Store
3. Using blueman (blueberry did not work, have not confirmed issues there)
4. Had to forget the device, open the Local Services window in blueman and in the Network tab check "PAN Support -> Blueman" and "DUN Support -> Blueman"
5. Set the following in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf:
[LE]
MinConnectionInterval = 7
MaxConnectionInterval = 9
ConnectionLatency = 0
6. When I search for devices, I had to right click and select "Trust" BEFORE connecting or pairing. It then instantly paired and the controller vibrated.
7. At one point I did clear the bluetooth cache before attempting this series of steps after having attempted other things.

Please bear in mind I haven't done any rigorous testing of combinations of things here to get it working and I won't coz it's Christmas and I bought this damn thing to play games and not tinker! Hope this helps someone else dealing with this ridiculous problem. Standards are standards for a reason but apparently not.

(Also I paired this to a Windows 10 VM in proxmox. So for USB passthrough, make sure you select USB3 option when adding the USB device to the VM)

Last edited by medicineman2500 (2021-12-19 13:18:21)

#2 2021-12-19 17:12:55

medicineman2500

Re: Possible steps to get Xbox One 1914 Bluetooth controller on Arch Linux

This didn't work. All I want to do is play some games on Linux. Why is this so difficult?

Deleting the cache at /var/lib/bluetooth then, put the controller into pairing mode and manually pairing with the following initially worked:

# bluetoothctl
[NEW] Controller 00:10:20:30:40:50 pi [default]
[bluetooth]# power on
Changing power on succeeded
[CHG] Controller 00:10:20:30:40:50 Powered: yes
scan on
pair <MAC ADDRESS OF CONTROLLER DEVICE>

I tried to clear the cache in /var/lib/blueetooth, setting cache=no under [GATT] in main.conf, and restarting bluetooth.service.

Now it won't pair at all. What is going on with bluez?

EDIT: Reboot and it works.

EDIT 2: nothing works. What is going on? Anyone have any ideas? This controller also doesn't work by plugging in the usb cable.

EDIT 3: I've now tried with xow as well as xpadneo and still nothing. Have tried rebooting, downgrading kernel, nothing works.

EDIT 4: Ok so no idea what, but removed xpadneo, xow, bluez, blueman, and killed everything. Installed bluez, bluez-utils, run up an empty main.conf, connect manually through bluetoothctl. Works. Beyond infuriating.

Last edited by medicineman2500 (2021-12-19 18:52:24)

Board footer