You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-25 17:11:04

h4636oh

Very High Ram Usage.

I was using KDE on Arch before and 2 days ago I switched to Bspwm. i noticed that on the startup its taking almost 700 Mb ram. Which i think is too high for a WM based Setup. IDK what i did wrong or anything but I only have 2GB ram on this Laptop thats why i switched to Stand alone WM. Is it like this only or do i have to do something to reduce ram consumption. IDK what system info i need to attach here. So if anyone is willing to help plz comment below if u need something's screenshot i will give it to u so plz help me get rid of this problem.

and I am new to Forums and i dont know much about how to post for help so if i wrote something wrong I m sorry.

BTW wish you a happy Merry Christmas

#2 2021-12-25 17:35:41

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Very High Ram Usage.

Well, we'd need information on what's actually using the ram, what's running, and what you've deliberately started.  So your xinitrc (or other equivalent) and some listing of major ram users (e.g., perhaps `ps aux | sort -rnk4 | head`) would be a start.  Also the content of /proc/meminfo might end up being useful.  Each of these should be posted in [ code ] tags (do not post screenshots).

Last edited by Trilby (2021-12-25 17:35:55)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2021-12-25 17:59:38

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: Very High Ram Usage.

I like to use

# ps_mem

to check memory usage.

https://archlinux.org/packages/community/any/ps_mem/

Board footer