You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-05 12:42:41

ulvhare

orfeo-toolbox from AUR cannot compile

It stops with the following:

[ 47%] Linking CXX shared library ../../../../lib/libOTBIceViewer-7.4.so
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/OTBIceViewer.dir/otbIceViewer.cxx.o: в функции «otb::IceViewer::Initialize(unsigned int, unsigned int, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)»:
otbIceViewer.cxx:(.text+0x311f): неопределённая ссылка на «glutInit»
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/OTBIceViewer.dir/otbIceViewer.cxx.o: в функции «otb::IceViewer::DrawHelp()»:
otbIceViewer.cxx:(.text+0x4798): неопределённая ссылка на «glutBitmap8By13»
/usr/bin/ld: otbIceViewer.cxx:(.text+0x47b6): неопределённая ссылка на «glutBitmapString»
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/OTBIceViewer.dir/otbIceViewer.cxx.o: в функции «otb::IceViewer::DrawHud()»:
otbIceViewer.cxx:(.text+0x9a70): неопределённая ссылка на «glutBitmap8By13»
/usr/bin/ld: otbIceViewer.cxx:(.text+0x9a8f): неопределённая ссылка на «glutBitmapString»
collect2: ошибка: выполнение ld завершилось с кодом возврата 1
make[2]: *** [Modules/Visualization/IceViewer/src/CMakeFiles/OTBIceViewer.dir/build.make:152: lib/libOTBIceViewer-7.4.so.1] Ошибка 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:15003: Modules/Visualization/IceViewer/src/CMakeFiles/OTBIceViewer.dir/all] Ошибка 2
make[1]: *** Ожидание завершения заданий…
[ 47%] Linking CXX shared library ../../../../lib/libOTBTestKernel-7.4.so
[ 47%] Built target OTBTestKernel
make: *** [Makefile:136: all] Ошибка 2
==> ОШИБКА: Произошел сбой в build().
    Прерывание...

where "неопределённая ссылка" is "undefined reference". I don't understand, freeglut is in the system. Please, help if possible.

#2 2022-01-05 16:34:11

ayekat

Re: orfeo-toolbox from AUR cannot compile

Hi ulvhare, welcome to the forums.

Please post the full command you ran, and the full output, not just the part that you think that is relevant.
Also please run the command prefixed with `LC_ALL=C ...`, to have all the output be in the default language, not just the line that you think is relevant.

pkgshackscfgblag

#3 2022-01-06 09:05:54

ulvhare

Ok, here is the long output:

https://p.defau.lt/?jXwdLDKyTNM7k_jjQGCjNw

#4 2022-01-06 12:57:07

ayekat

This looks like the build system doesn't properly use the GLUT libraries when linking. According to /usr/lib/pkgconfig/{free,}glut.pc, the linker should be passing at least `-lglut`.

Then again, if I read Documentation/Cookbook/rst/CompilingOTBFromSource.rst correctly, one would need to pass various -DUSE_SYSTEM_… flags to CMake to have OTB's build system actually use the system-provided libraries at all. The AUR PKGBUILD doesn't do that, so potentially this builds all the dependencies by itself… at least I don't see CMake mention any freeglut.so files there.

Unfortunately I don't understand OTB or CMake enough to dig further. Maybe someone else here can help.
Alternatively, have you tried asking upstream about this?

pkgshackscfgblag

#5 2022-01-06 14:52:17

ulvhare

Thank you for your attempt, ayekat. Of course first I've done was message on orfeo-toolbox AUR page, but as I can see the maintainer isn't visit it too often.

Board footer