You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-23 10:07:51

Im3rik

PulseAudio max volume too low after suspend

I have some weird audio issues on my laptop (HP Envy 13).
After booting the headphones volume is normal (100% in PulseAudio is the same as 100% in Windows). In some cases full volume in PulseAudio is a lot quieter (about 40% of the normal volume), but reconnecting the headphones usually solves this.

However the real issue starts after I suspend. When I resume from suspend the volume is always a lot quieter (again about 40% of the normal full volume) and plugging the headphones in again doesn't solve this. I checked that both application stream volume and audio device volume are set at 100%.
I also noticed that the volume is normal for about half a second every time I plug in the headphones and then it gets quiet again.
The only way to get full volume again is for me to reboot.

This does not affect the internal speakers, only the headphone jack.

With my sensitive in-ears I also noticed that on Windows and after rebooting Arch (when I get full volume) there is a significant background noise whenever some audio is playing. When my audio is bugged in Arch I have no background noise at all.

I really have no idea how to address this issue and I appreciate every help.

#2 2022-01-08 09:57:35

arch3490583

Re: PulseAudio max volume too low after suspend

Same problem, did you manage to fix?

#3 2022-01-15 18:57:15

Im3rik

Re: PulseAudio max volume too low after suspend

I couldn't manage to actually fix it, but I recently switched to PipeWire and haven't had this problem since then.

Board footer