You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-02 17:09:32

Karl-Arne

Blanc screen after seltef arch installation with usb boot

Hi.
I love this site and all onformation here.

I run the usb and logged inn to live environment. And everything went perfect until I do an error when setting keyboard layout. I had do everything to the altering og utc timezone. But need to change layot to no-latin1.

Well. I look at your information and find the solution. Unfortunately rebooted I at this point and now I got a blank screen when start again for a fresh installation.

I searh the post and find a solution with press e during the booting prosess. I also read this could be fixed with delete ititrd intel img.

I do it and hit enter but nothing happen.
Så I have try to look in /boot and all folders to find if there was any arch files there.

I have do search in many, many hours both here and in google. But can't figure out what is wrong.

I am running ubuntu studio on this box. A acer laptop x86 with both 32 and 64 bit feature.

I have also look at information using the shell festure if there hang something from old installalasjon run and hoped I could unload the img. But can't find anything?

Sorry all this explanation. But I will use arch linux whatever I need to do!

Thanks for your time and effort!!!

Karl

#2 2022-03-02 22:04:09

d_fajardo

Re: Blanc screen after seltef arch installation with usb boot

@Karl-Arne
It's difficult to understand your post. You're running Ubuntu but trying to install Arch. Are you trying to install Arch to to replace Ubuntu on the same machine or are you just trying to install Arch on a USB? Which installation procedure are you following?

#3 2022-03-02 22:38:10

Karl-Arne

Eh... I try install Arch on the macine I run Ubuntu. I follow the installalation procedure with booting from usb

#4 2022-03-03 09:37:58

Lone_Wolf

For clarity :

are you following / have you followed https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Installation_guide ?

At which step in the process do you get the blank screen ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#5 2022-03-03 20:55:31

Karl-Arne

Yes I follow it and love it! I got a solution that fix my problem. I needed to update grub.conf, delete the folder x86_64 in /boot and the reason was no access to linux kernel when running live usb installation.

Now I am back to live environment and can start a fresh installation!

Thanks to installation guide, wiki docs and forum posts!!!

Board footer