You are not logged in.

#1 2004-03-27 09:33:18

whol

CBB - checkbook software

#2 2004-03-27 14:58:27

normnmiles

Re: CBB - checkbook software

whol here's a pkgbuild for cbb.  It's my first attempt at a Arch package so hopefully I've done it right.

pkgname=cbb
pkgver=0.9.2
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A personal finance manager"
url="http://cbb.sourceforge.net/index.html"
depends=('perl' 'tcl' 'tk')
source=(http://cbb.sourceforge.net/down/$pkgname-$pkgver.tgz)
md5sums=('924c3388436ada4c1fcc7411cc2bed8d')

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
  mkdir $startdir/pkg/usr
  mkdir $startdir/pkg/usr/bin
  sed -i "s|/usr/local/bin|$startdir/pkg/usr/bin/cbb|g"  $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver/configure
  sed -i "s|/usr/local/lib/cbb|$startdir/pkg/usr/lib/cbb|g"  $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver/configure
  ./configure
  make || return 1
}

#3 2004-03-27 21:49:57

whol

Hi Norm,

I'm a newby, I'm not sure how to run your script.  I do know how to do the normal "pacman -S xmms", though.  Should I wait until your package is part of pacman? I'm not very good at fixing things yet(!).

thx!

#4 2004-03-28 01:34:24

normnmiles

whol,
no problem.  The script is a Arch PKGBUILD that uses 'makepkg' to create Arch packages.  First thing you should do is install a couple of useful tools for building packages

#pacman -S cvsup fakeroot

cvsup - allows you to connect to the repos and download the latest abs
fakeroot - allows you to build packages from your non-root account

Next download the current abs tree.  It defaults to "/var/abs"

#abs

Then make a new directory for your new package

$cd /var/abs/local
$mkdir cbb

Copy the contents of the pkgbuild into a "PKGBUILD" file.  Then use fakeroot to run makepkg and build your Arch package.

$fakeroot makepkg

Once it's done building you should have a newly created cbb pckage under /var/abs/local/cbb.  Use pacman to install it.

#pacman -A cbb-0.9.2-1.pkg.tar.gz

That's it. smile

--
PS if you don't want the abs tree you can just build it in a temporary directory.  /var/tmp is good for this.  copy the contents of the pkgbuild to a "PKGBUILD" file under /var/tmp and then run 'makepkg' as root.

#makepkg

--
PPS I can also email you the Arch package if you want.  Just message me with your email account and I will email you the file.

#5 2004-03-28 04:47:49

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Woah... there are a bunch of little things wrong with that post.  I'll just correct you here.

You don't need to touch abs at all to build packages.  99.99% of the packages I build for myself I do in ~/arch/working (it's an example).

Because you don't need abs, you don't need cvsup.

You don't need to explicitly run fakeroot, makepkg looks for the config option and then runs itself in a fakeroot session already.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#6 2004-03-28 14:51:08

normnmiles

Xentac wrote:

Woah... there are a bunch of little things wrong with that post.  I'll just correct you here.

You don't need to touch abs at all to build packages.  99.99% of the packages I build for myself I do in ~/arch/working (it's an example).

Because you don't need abs, you don't need cvsup.

Did you read the PS?

Though, I wasn't aware that makepkg looks for fakeroot now.

#7 2004-03-28 17:39:00

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

"now"?  If you joined in Mar 2004, it's always done that.  I believe it was patched to support fakeroot in Aug or Sep 2003.

EDIT: I did read the postscript and instead of building as a user in their own directory, you mention building it /var/tmp as root.  That's still not the answer I was getting at wink

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

Board footer