You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-23 19:34:35

da5id

Build server for boot image

Hello out there, I want to create some kind of build server for a boot image, which can be used for a thin client. And I want to ask if there is already a neat solution for that. So here's what I want to do. I have a chroot environment made by arch-pacstrap, which I use with arch-chroot for updating this chroot environment in defined time frequency. Then I have a yay or another AUR helper, outside of that chroot environment because I don't want to install build tools within the chroot system. This AUR helper get's some packages from the AUR repo, builds the package and puts the result as a tar archive into the chroot. Or pacstrap does it, that is not yet decided. So far I would write a script which is activated by a cron job, this evokes the AUR helper, which in turn builds the packages. Then pacstrap is invoked, pulls these packages into the chroot environment and does all the updating work. At the end, the whole content of the chroot is put into a cpio archive. What's important is, there has to be some notification system, if the build was successful or not. And if it breaks, why.
But maybe there is already some kind of nifty nimble tool out there, which does all this for me?

Does anyone know such a tool?

Thanks and Best Regards

/Christian

#2 2022-04-23 20:06:33

progandy

Re: Build server for boot image

I suggest you look into aurutils as well as aurto and adding a custom repository to your pacman config. That will cover much of your aur build process, but you'll have to do the rest.

The arch linux release process may have some intersting things as well: https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/releng

Last edited by progandy (2022-04-23 20:20:35)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

Board footer