You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-27 09:43:51

solstice
Website

corrupted db.sig cause pacman error

hi.

Every time I loose my internet connexion (not that often), I have problem with pacman erroring out about PGPME errors and corrupted db or package.

The first time, I took me some time to figure out what was going on. But every time, since, I am still caught off guard, because I forget about this.

So I have munin running on rpis/pc with pacman_pending_updates plugin that checks for package upgrades every 5 minutes.
If the internet is down, the modem/router sends error in html about the connexion being down. But all the db.sig of each repo is overwritten with that html error file, which cause the problem to pacman sig checking.

Moreover, as i am using pacoloco, the corrupted db.sig are in the pacoloco cache, and every rpis/pc using pacoloc is also affected.

- To fix the problem, I have to delete all db.sig in the pacoloco cache, and moreover in every machines.

- To avoid the problem, I can't change the modem/router behavior

I only see a change in pacman that is used by checkupdates (from pacman-contrib, that is used by the munin plugin)

Isn't this a bug of pacman that should not overwrite happily a not even valid sig file with some random html ??

Edit: someone else got caught by this too
Edit2: so I am switching to an https mirror. Don't know if it will change anyhting. Not possible for archlinuxarm, though

Last edited by solstice (2022-04-27 10:00:58)

Board footer