You are not logged in.

#1 2006-10-22 22:26:52

elasticdog
Website

Newbie DVD Burner Problems [SOLVED]

Well, I've taken the leap into the world of DVD burning to be hit by a brick wall.  I've installed the new burner and it will read CDs/DVDs just fine, but for some reason I can't seem to burn anything.

I ran mkinitcpio after the hardware change, and there is nothing suspicious in my <code>dmesg</code>:

$ dmesg | grep hdc
    ide1: BM-DMA at 0xf008-0xf00f, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:DMA
hdc: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdc: ATAPI 40X DVD-ROM DVD-R CD-R/RW drive, 2000kB Cache, UDMA(66)

It appears as though everything is detected properly, but when I use Graveman, the only option it gives me is to write to an ISO file, and not to the burner.  I does detect the burner properly and would allow me to read from it (when duplicating a CD or likewise), but no go on the burning.

I am in the optical group, but can't seem to make any headway.  Is there something I'm obviously missing?  Thanks in advance...

#2 2006-10-23 04:02:42

murffatksig

Re: Newbie DVD Burner Problems [SOLVED]

i've never used Graveman, but I've had much success with k3b, burning both DVD's and CD's.  You could give it a shot.

"Oh, they have the internet on computers now."

#3 2006-10-23 08:10:19

Blind

This is a known bug in graveman - although they never get around to fixing it, I guess smile
You have to delete the automatically detected device and add the burner device manually. Then it should work.
Cheers,
Blind

#4 2006-10-23 17:59:15

elasticdog
Website

Blind wrote:

This is a known bug in graveman - although they never get around to fixing it, I guess smile
You have to delete the automatically detected device and add the burner device manually. Then it should work.
Cheers,
Blind

Hells yeah!  Thanks man...it was driving me nuts.  I was messing with it for a couple of days, and it is now showing up as an option.  Much appreciated Blind!

Board footer