You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-11 15:17:39

yuanhao
Website

[SOLVED]Video not play

All video suddenly not play on any browser and any website, I can load the video and move the bar to see each frame, but they don't play.

This happened after I run pacman -Syu and restart the computer. I remember there is some prompt ask if I want to replace "pipewire" something (I can't remember exactly) with something, and I just go with default (replace it).

What happened and any fix?

Last edited by yuanhao (2022-05-11 16:24:30)

#2 2022-05-11 15:27:31

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [SOLVED]Video not play

see many of the recent threads. This basically boils down to pipewire-media-session getting removed and the wireplumber dependency thats around now not playing well with pulse. By switching to pipewire-pulse you can completely move to pipewire or if you want to stay on pulseaudio disable wireplumber with

systemctl --user mask wireplumber --now

#3 2022-05-11 16:23:32

yuanhao
Website

Re: [SOLVED]Video not play

V1del wrote:

see many of the recent threads. This basically boils down to pipewire-media-session getting removed and the wireplumber dependency thats around now not playing well with pulse. By switching to pipewire-pulse you can completely move to pipewire or if you want to stay on pulseaudio disable wireplumber with

systemctl --user mask wireplumber --now

Thanks, I just switch to install pipwire-pulse (and pipwire-alsa) and now it is working smile

Board footer