You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-07 11:04:25

Fushi

[Solved] HDA Intel PCH Headphone sending random events

It's not an hardware issue, from what i see. The headphones work fine not just on windows, but on another distros too.

So, the problem consists of:

Random inputs on x11 and the linux tty of the key KEY_PLAYPAUSE

How to recreate:

Use a jack headphone, get a video to play and then pause.

What i have discovered so far:

Using xinput float to disable the device fixes the issue on x11, although it will still happen on the tty.
The issue only seems to occur whenever the headphones are completely not in use, so if i have a video playing or pavucontrol open, it will not send any events.

https://imgur.com/a/31YMPmE  //Hopefully some useful info

[Solution]

I ended up having to actually change the kernel versions. The one i am using right now is 5.16.8-0.2-positron, and the problem doesn't occur anymore.
If you have the same problem and you want to download the same kernel as me, here is a link:

https://download.opensuse.org/repositor … rd/x86_64/

Last edited by Fushi (2022-05-10 21:30:51)

#2 2022-05-11 11:41:45

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [Solved] HDA Intel PCH Headphone sending random events

is this an asus system? There was a bug in asus-wmi that sould be fixed in the 5.17.6 kernel.

#3 2022-05-13 00:36:20

Fushi

Nope. I am currently using an Lenovo Ideapad 320.

Some more insight for you into the problem:

The random keyboards inputs only seem to happen if i have the microphone p2 jack connected. If only the speaker's one is connected, the system will actually run perfectly fine.
It still persists in the actual kernel version.

I forgot to add this detail, but it actually only occurs in X11 and applications that use it's protocol. For example, running the foot terminal won't give me any random inputs, but running kitty that i think uses xorg-xwayland will give me the inputs. I think that the only exception really is the tty, that also gets the inputs.

#4 2022-05-13 00:39:21

Fushi

Nope. I am currently using an Lenovo Ideapad 320.

Some more insight for you into the problem:

The random keyboards inputs only seem to happen if i have the microphone p2 jack connected. If only the speaker's one is connected, the system will actually run perfectly fine.
It still persists in the actual kernel version.

I forgot to add this detail, but it actually only occurs in X11 and applications that use it's protocol. For example, running the foot terminal won't give me any random inputs, but running kitty that i think uses xorg-xwayland will give me the inputs. I think that the only exception really is the tty, that also gets the inputs.

#5 2022-05-13 00:41:39

Fushi

Sorry for that. Seems like reloading the page in firefox after a reboot will send the message again. I didn't really find a way to delete the reply, so yeah. Not really intentional.

Board footer