You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-17 18:04:39

1derless

Error compiling omnetpp from source and via AUR

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to install OMNeT++ but I'm running into an error which nobody else online seems to be encountering.

This error pops up when running make:

expression.cc: In member function ‘virtual omnetpp::common::expression::ExprNode* omnetpp::common::Expression::parseAndTranslate(const char*, AstTranslator*) const’:
expression.cc:141:10: error: ‘unique_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std’
  141 |     std::unique_ptr<AstNode> astTree(parseToAst(expr));
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~
expression.cc:29:1: note: ‘std::unique_ptr’ is defined in header ‘<memory>’; did you forget to ‘#include <memory>’?
   28 | #include "exprnodes.h"
  +++ |+#include <memory>
   29 | #include "unitconversion.h"
expression.cc:141:28: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
      |                            ^
expression.cc:141:30: error: ‘astTree’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘tree’?
      |                              ^~~~~~~
      |                              tree

If I follow the directed guidance of adding `#include <memory>`, then "expression.cc" compiles correctly but the same shows up in another file.

This happens whether I compile with Clang or GCC and whether I try to build from source or use the AUR package "omnetpp".

I can't see anyone with the same issue in the comments for the AUR package, and as the issue occurs when building from source I am hesitant to comment on the AUR page about this issue.

Why does this work for everyone else? What could be going wrong with my system?

#2 2022-05-17 19:51:55

Lone_Wolf

Re: Error compiling omnetpp from source and via AUR

I recently saw a very similar error with building openmw using gcc 12.1 .

It does appear gcc 12.1 (and other compilers) used to include stuff implicitly but now requires explicit instructions instead.
In atleast one case this occurred only with boost1.76  AND gcc 12.1 , older boost and GCC 12.1 didn't fail building, so there's more involved then just the compiler version.

I have not seen this issue mentioned when compiling with clang or with gcc 11.x .

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2022-05-17 21:28:20

1derless

It seems like this actually was a bug with OMNeT++, as they committed a fix for it literally yesterday on their GitHub https://github.com/omnetpp/omnetpp/comm … c1c74475b1.

I was downloading the (as of now) out-of-date ZIP file from their website.

I couldn't find anything about implicit imports in the changelogs of GCC or Clang---perhaps I didn't look hard enough.

Thanks for the reply smile

#4 2022-05-17 22:30:39

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow

Moving to AUR issues.

Board footer