You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-20 23:10:36

emishie

[Solved] Can't install KDE Plasma

Couple of (about 2) months ago I had to fresh install arch but after installing plasma, arch would crash on startup not even getting to logging screen.
I did a fresh install, installed grub, networkmanager, devel-base, nano etc. Reboot my pc just to make sure everything worked (it did).
Then used:
pacman -S xorg plasma plasma-wayland-session kde-applications
systemctl enable sddm.service
reboot
and get on startup on crash. Have tried to install a couple of times in the last past months but always had the exact same result.
The screen that crashes is the one that says "Starting version 250.5-1-arch" right before login screen. Horizontal multi coloured lines appear and stays like that till I reboot it. can even access no gui mode gotta use usb to mount and arch-root into system to access arch.

Last edited by emishie (2022-05-21 03:05:21)

#2 2022-05-20 23:34:38

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Can't install KDE Plasma

Consider this a final warning.  Do not cross post.
If you wish a post moved, please use the report link on your thread and make a request to the moderators.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer