You are not logged in.

#26 2022-05-23 15:07:57

seth

Re: [SOLVED] bash nested loops

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_Being_Right - see #14

You need help in a way that cannot be provided by this forum.

#27 2022-05-23 15:22:36

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

olly wrote:

It is not a request for programming lessons, I'm simply trying to find if there is a loop counter similar to function history array in bash.... it's just a request about a detail of bash.

Vs.

olly wrote:

I started this thread not just to ask about a loop counter, but to also maybe start a intelligent debate about the use of, and possible reintroduction in bash, of the goto statement.

Liar liar pants on fire.

olly wrote:

Try and prove me right.

That would be futile when you have already proven the opposite.

olly wrote:

Coding shows that if there is, at any time, a need to compensate for inadequacies in a structure, then the structure should be adapted.

Nonsense.  No "structure" is meant to do everything in all conditions.  Quite the opposite: garbage in, garbage out.  Or in other words: thinking shows that if there is, at any time, a need to compensate for inadequacies in coding, then the coder should be adapted.

olly wrote:

... but to also maybe start a intelligent debate ... prove me right.

Prove yourself qualified.

Last edited by Trilby (2022-05-23 15:27:48)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#28 2022-05-23 15:41:16

olly

Olly wrote:

start a intelligent debate about the use of, and possible reintroduction in bash, of the goto statement. I thought the arch forum might be a place to do this.

Trilby wrote:

Liar liar pants on fire.

Says it all!

Bullies are only weak people trying to compensate for their own inadequacy. If they can't compete intellectually, they bully.

Board footer