You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-24 23:56:29

stolichniaskitnik

[SOLVED] Alerts for /run/initramfs and libbpf during bootime

Hello all,

I have 2 different warning/error messages displayed just before the OS finishes booting up, however nothing seems to be broken. I am running the 5.17.9-hardened1-1-hardened kernel

The first one is complaining that it can't copy /run/initramfs as the directory doesn't exist.
I read somewhere here that this is due to the shutdown hook. I have /usr on a separate partition and according to the comments in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf I should have this hook in my case.
Can this message be safely ignored? Is there a way to "silence" it?

The second one are the libbpf errors as seen in this bug but when looking at the latest comment it says this has been re-introduced this year into the kernel with this commit
However I can't seem to find any additional information there, I tried silencing the message by remoiving the bpf flag from the lsm= line in /etc/default/grub and also adding:

CONFIG_BPF_PRELOAD=n

But still I see those messages at boot time. Again, can these be safely ignored/be silenced in any way?

Thanks

Last edited by stolichniaskitnik (2022-05-25 13:28:08)

#2 2022-05-25 11:24:50

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Alerts for /run/initramfs and libbpf during bootime

You can safely ignore them, but not silence them without a kernel rebuild, see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=276183 and the linked bug report.

#3 2022-05-25 13:27:48

stolichniaskitnik

Re: [SOLVED] Alerts for /run/initramfs and libbpf during bootime

Thank you Videl; marking as solved now.

Board footer