You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-21 13:55:05

wuliJerrt

The crash happened on kde panel caused by the crash of kde plasma

My distro is Arch Linux and the origin KDE plasma edition is 5.25.0-1.

When the crash happened, the top panel was limpid and did not react to the click. While I used the command "top -d 2" to check the process information, I found that the process "plasmashell" took 100% of the CPU, sometimes even higher. Then I kill it with the command "kill 9 $PID" and rebooted the computer. Yet it was still not working after being rebooted, showing the same situation as mentioned.

After searching on google, I try the way of restarting the plasmashell as the following process: type the command "killall plasmashell" the type "plasmashell &". But it still didn't work. By the way, when the plasmashell was loading, the terminal outputted the information as follows:

kf.plasma.quick: Applet preload policy set to 1
21:25:19 0
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:70:5:QML Connections: Detected function
"O
nonfigurationChanged" in Connections element. This is probablv intended to be a signal handler but no signal of the target
atches the name.
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:70:5:QML Connections: Detected function
•O
nRepaintNeeded" in Connections element. This is probably intended to be a signal handler but no signal of the target matches
the name.
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:67: TypeError: Cannot read property
"wallpa
per•
of null
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:71: TypeError: Cannot read property
'wallpa
per®
of null
kf.kio.core: Malformed JSON protocol file for protocol: "trash"
, number of the ExtraNames fields should match the number of
ExtraTypes fields
qml: PlasmaExtras.ScrollArea is deprecated. Use PlasmaComponents3.ScrollView instead.
org.kde.plasma.containmentlayoutmanager: Error: cannot change the containmegt to AppletsLayout
kf.kio.core: Malformed JSON protocol file for protocol:
"trash"
number of the ExtraNames fields should match the number of
ExtraTypes fields
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Panel.qml:175: TypeError: Cannot read property
•contain
mentDisplayHints' of null
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Panel.qml:287: TypeError: Cannot read property
"locatio
n' of null
kf.i18n:
"0 instead of 1 arguments to message {search %1} supplied before conversion.
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.panelspacer/contents/ui/main.qml:39:5: Unable to assign [undefined] to aQui
ckGridLayout*
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.panelspacer/contents/ui/main.qml:39:5: Unable to assign [undefined] to QQui
ckGridLayout*
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.systemmonitor/contents/ui/main.qml:43:5:QML MouseArea:Cannotanchortoan
item that isn't a parent or sibling.
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.panel/contents/ui/ConfigOverlay.qml:309:17:QML SpinBox:Bindingloopdetectedfor
property "implicitwidth"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.panel/contents/ui/Configoverlay.qml:301:17:QML Heading: Binding loop detected forproperty "verticalAlignment"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.panel/contents/ui/ConfigOverlay.qml:313: TypeError: Cannot read property 'willShow

What is worth to be mentioned is that anything else about GUI with using plasmashell is fine and can be used normally. 

I thought it might a bug in the new edition of kde plasma 5.25.0, so I downgraded the KDE plasma to the last version before 5.25.0, which is 5.24.90-1, and rebooted the computer. Unfortunately, it still cannot save it from the same crashing.

So how can I dill with it?

#2 2022-06-21 14:55:33

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: The crash happened on kde panel caused by the crash of kde plasma

Maybe you have some old/outdated plasmoid or so that leads to strange behaviour, can you reproduce if you remove the panel and create a new default one? In doubt maybe remove ~/.config/plasmashellrc and let it be regenerated.

Board footer