You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-23 02:09:07

oxplot
Website

LG UltraFine 5K on Wayland

I'm having reliability issues with the connection between my Framework laptop 11th Gen Intel and an LG UltraFine 5K tiled display. I've done a lot of research so far trying to figure out a fix to no avail. I've also filed a bug report on drm/intel bug tracker but wanted to know if anyone has this setup working already or has any pointers.

For background, LG UltraFine 5K is a tiled display. It has a single thunderbolt port but requires two separate DisplayPort 1.2 streams, one for each half of the screen (due to 1.2 bandwidth limitations). The kernel (I've tried drm-tip, mainline, lts) and Wayland defintely support the tiled config as I can use the desktop at native res for a bit. The issue is reliability. I've also tested all the hardware (cable, screen, laptop) with Windows and it works fine there with no hiccups. It leads me to believe that it's a linux issue.

Another odd thing is that at boot, KMS puts the monitor into a weird res/scaling where each character is half an inch in size and I can only see like 10 lines on the screen.

Last edited by oxplot (2022-06-23 02:10:39)

Board footer