You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-28 22:22:19

douglascast

[SOLVED] Shortcut issue

I’ve installed Davinci Resolve Studio and everything seens to be working, but I’m having a little issue with the shortcuts.

The installation process create the shortcuts to open the app, but something doens’t work right, the shortcut exist inside /usr/share/applications and ~/.local/share/application like text files (they open on GEDIT):

com.blackmagicdesign.resolve.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=DaVinci Resolve
GenericName=DaVinci Resolve
Comment=Revolutionary new tools for editing, visual effects, color correction and professional audio post production, all in a single application!
Path=/opt/resolve/
Exec=/opt/resolve/bin/resolve %u
Terminal=false
MimeType=application/x-resolveproj;
Icon=/opt/resolve/graphics/DV_Resolve.png
StartupNotify=true
Name[en_US]=DaVinci Resolve
StartupWMClass=resolve

But they just doen’t show on GNOME application list when I press SUPER key or use the shortcut on DASH-TO-PANEL

desktop-file-validate /usr/share/applications/com.blackmagicdesign.resolve.desktop

Doen't return any message.

The only way (that I know) until now is use the ‘/opt/resolve/bin/resolve’

Whats the fix for it?

Last edited by douglascast (2022-06-30 19:56:29)

#2 2022-06-29 09:37:12

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Shortcut issue

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Deskto … op_entries should update the cache the normal application launchers use.

#3 2022-06-29 15:53:24

douglascast

Thanks for the replly.

update-desktop-database ~/.local/share/applications

The command doens't seens to work at first run, but using the -v with the command:

update-desktop-database -v ~/.local/share/applications

Return a message about "lacks on mime type", sadly I forgot to copy the right text to put it hier.

After the error and reading a little bit more the link and the ~/local shortcut, I've noticed though the icon section, that the ~/local shortcut was created from YAY when I've tryied to install Resolve through the terminal, even after unninstall it using the yay -Rscn davinci-resolve-studio, the folder stayed there.

After notice my lack of attention to this detail and the fact I've alread run the update-desktop-database, I've reinstaled resolve through PAMAC and the icons appear on the list.

I don't have enough knowledge to understand what happened, but It's working like it should from scratch.

TYVM V1del

#4 2022-06-29 16:18:11

V1del
Forum Moderator

If that folder was created by yay or rather by the davinci AUR package it would be a bug in that PKGBUILD, I't's more likely you or some tool created that which was in some form invalid (... did you run the validate command on the ~/.local file as well ? ) Both locations are normally valid but the one in ~/.local is usually used if you have some custom modification.

#5 2022-06-29 17:12:57

douglascast

AUR package through PAMAC by some reason doesn't create any shortcut file under ~/local, so I don't use the valide anymore, because it works out of the box.

But the curious thing is, I've tried to install it through PAMAC in my older system install (the one I'm using now its a fresh one), and the shortcut doesn't worked either.

One thing I've done yesterday (not sure if this is related), is install change the kernel and headers to 5.18 and reinstalled base-devel, because I'm trying to set a virtual machine with a minimum decent performance.

#6 2022-06-29 18:07:40

V1del
Forum Moderator

that's unlikely to be relevant. In any case, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by editing the title in your first post.

Board footer