You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-07 20:03:56

aetherh4cker

GRUB Won't Boot linux-hardened

Hey all!

I have an Intel NUC NUC7CJYH that I'm trying to get to boot linux-hardened.

It's a fresh install, and I mostly followed the Installation Guide.  The only thing unusual is that I have my /boot on a USB thumb drive as vfat, with the rest of the OS on the main disk with btrfs.

At first I thought I had an issue with GRUB or mkinitcpio settings.  However, after I tossed on the standard linux kernel (not hardened), it boots just fine.

No error is displayed at all.  After GRUB echos out "Loading initial ramdisk ...", there is no further output and it hangs forever (or at least hangs overnight).

I tried following the tips of setting pager=1 and debug=all from the GRUB wiki page.  It definitely debugs a ton of info, however, nothing stood out as an obvious smoking gun as to what the problem might be.

Does anyone have any insight or more info on how I could get linux-hardened to boot?

#2 2022-07-01 12:01:04

darkuni

Re: GRUB Won't Boot linux-hardened

so basically you installed arch and then installed the linux-hardened or u did that during the arch installation process?

#3 2022-07-01 17:41:15

mettacrawler

Re: GRUB Won't Boot linux-hardened

Did you try booting with the fallback initramfs? Usually there are more modules in it.
Grub screen -> advanced -> select kernel with the fallback initramfs

Board footer