You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-05 13:25:57

lenhuppe
Website

SOLVED Archiso image with console and networking

I am using archiso to create custom ISOs for the installation program I created. I have been using the releng config but it is overkill for what I am doing. I recently modified my ISO by removing a lot of packages that I am not using. Now my ISOs build faster and they also boot faster. That prompted me to try building an ISO with the baseline config and that was where I ran into issues. By the time I built up the baseline config to get what I needed my setup script was a horror to behold. When I went to gitlab where the archiso package project lives I saw a call for the releng config to have a full gui which is way more than what i need.

Is anyone using archiso to create ISOs which boot to multi-user and a console with full network support?

Last edited by lenhuppe (2022-07-30 20:06:30)

Why do we drive on the parkway and then park in the driveway?

#2 2022-07-05 16:06:47

qinohe

Re: SOLVED Archiso image with console and networking

Yes, I am building ISO's that build into the multi-user.target, for the fun of it.
What do, you mean by full network-support? Can I open and work with 'lynx' in TTY3 on ISO, I can..

What does it matter what U use for a script to build you  profile to build from?
I use a script that does that, it creates the 'final' profile to build the ISO from.
Who cares that it's 800+ lines long if it does the job for you.

Before you see a DE or WM in the releng files or new profile specifically for that, I wouldn't hold my breath;)

#3 2022-07-05 16:22:39

lenhuppe
Website

qinohe wrote:

Yes, I am building ISO's that build into the multi-user.target, for the fun of it.
What do, you mean by full network-support? Can I open and work with 'lynx' in TTY3 on ISO, I can..

What does it matter what U use for a script to build you  profile to build from?
I use a script that does that, it creates the 'final' profile to build the ISO from.
Who cares that it's 800+ lines long if it does the job for you.

Before you see a DE or WM in the releng files or new profile specifically for that, I wouldn't hold my breath;)

I was mostly curious about what others are doing. After trying to build up the baseline profile I found it much easier to just strip down the releng profile. That I think is the lesson to be learned here.

I'm looking for a console setup because that is how I prefer to work. My installation program is a series of bash scripts so a gui is not needed. I guess I'm just old school when it comes to installers.

Why do we drive on the parkway and then park in the driveway?

#4 2022-07-05 16:34:19

qinohe

lenhuppe wrote:

My installation program is a series of bash scripts so a gui is not needed. I guess I'm just old school when it comes to installers.

If it's the ISO builder is your talking about a nice 'getops' script and some functions could do the job for you and bring the scripts together.
Another nice option of getops is you can chain your options;)

Board footer