You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-15 14:05:07

to_you_bannana

[MacBookPro 10,1] mmc0: timeout waiting for hardware cmd interrupt

Hi, I cannot execute any commands because the following text keeps being dumped constantly with a ~10s interval before it overwriting the command I was typing. I entered vim and it overwrote that too. (I could not dump this as text)

error

At the beginning it also echoed

error -110 whilst initialising SD card

for only one time

Here is my laptop's tech specs: https://support.apple.com/kb/SP669

My laptop does not even have a SD card slot, infact I have no idea whats failing...?
I only have 10 seconds to type the command I want.
This also happens when I tried to install Ubuntu, and likely every other distro.

#2 2022-07-15 16:11:44

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [MacBookPro 10,1] mmc0: timeout waiting for hardware cmd interrupt

Don't know how to help with the underlying problem, but those errors are posting to the first console.  Use Ctrl-Alt-F2 to change to the second console.  The errors will still be happening, but they don't post to the second console.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2022-07-16 05:49:53

to_you_bannana

ewaller wrote:

Don't know how to help with the underlying problem, but those errors are posting to the first console.  Use Ctrl-Alt-F2 to change to the second console.  The errors will still be happening, but they don't post to the second console.

I tried all other TTYs and  the errors were still posting there for some reason

#4 2022-09-11 05:44:28

to_you_bannana

Nevermind, there was an SD card in my laptop for 3 years and I always thought it was the design of the mac. Also on the MacBookPro10,x wiki page there is a section about the SD card reader timing out.

Board footer