You are not logged in.

#1 2006-10-30 09:13:20

koyi

Recent updates ruined UTF-8 automount

Hi, I just upgraded with pacman -Syu today.

Before the update, my USB external HD would be automatically mounted with the utf-8 charset, but now it is no more mounted that way so I have some un-readable characters in the filenames.

I am not sure which package to be blamed for this change. Please tell me if you have any ideas about this issue.

Thanks smile

#2 2006-10-30 10:23:40

Romashka
Forum Fellow

Re: Recent updates ruined UTF-8 automount

What program does aumonounting on your system?
HAL, pmount, ivman, udev, autofs, something else?
Did you change something to get automounting to work, or everything worked with default settings?

to live is to die

#3 2006-10-31 11:02:57

koyi

I am not very sure but it seems that gnome-volume-manager is responsible... but I don't know what is actually doing the job in the background...

#4 2006-11-05 13:46:04

koyi

Hi, although I still don't know what is the reason for this, I have found the solution.

On the mounted device, right-click and choose "Properties". Then, select the "Drive" or "Volume" tab. There is a section called "Settings" at the bottom of the page. I might be hidden so click the triangle on the left of it if it is. There are 3 text input boxes. In "Mount Options", type "iocharset=utf8", then close the dialog. The drive will be mounted with utf8 charset the next time it is mounted.

Hope this helps smile

Board footer