You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-08 11:46:08

Ercouper

Panel autohide problem with Cinnamon DT

I have noticed what I believe is a bug of some kind as of late on all Arch based distro's using Cinnamon desktop. I have tried Arch, Arco & Manjaro with the same results.
When the panel is set to autohide and trying to unhide the panel it starts to unhide and then hides again in a pulsating repeating cycle.  It is near impossible to select an icon on the panel because it won't stay visible long enough.
The same problem happens when set to intelligently autohide.  It doesn't matter if the panel is on the bottom, top or side.  I have tried various kernels but problem persists. If I install an older Arch based distro the problem isn't there but after updating the problem appears.  I have tried 3 different PC's with the same results.  Has anyone else noticed this problem?  All Debian based distro's don't seem to have this problem, only Arch based ones.  Please help.....  TIA

#2 2022-07-08 15:27:39

selendym

Re: Panel autohide problem with Cinnamon DT

Can confirm - noticed that exact same problem yesterday after updating.
Not only that, but the update also managed to break keybindings that use super/win key as a modifier - not sure if other bindings are affected, as I was too busy rolling back the flaming garbage.
After rolling back the cinnamon packages, the problems are gone (for now), so this is definitely a regression in cinnamon.

Perhaps you or someone else reading this could confirm the keybinding regression?

#3 2022-07-08 17:28:15

Ercouper

Thanks for your confirmation of the problem.  Unfortunately I can't confirm the keybindings as I am unfamiliar with them.  I've used linux for several years but there is much that I haven't explored yet.
Hopefully the Cinnamon gurus will have a fix soon although I believe they are mainly concerned with Debian as a base.  Hope I'm wrong.....
Again, thanks for your reply. :-)

#4 2022-07-26 16:37:49

Ercouper

Looks like the problem was solved by the latest Cinnamon release.  :-)

Please consider this "closed".

#5 2022-07-26 22:09:25

2ManyDogs
Forum Moderator

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] (edit the title of your first post).

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

Board footer