You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-27 21:01:42

poptrek

[SOLVED] Pacstrap Issues

Is there something going on with the arch servers backend? I am struggling with the install. I am not new to the install this about my 10th or so time installing arch. I first was getting the trust signature error from pacstrap Wiki. So I go I rebuild that. Then I get a failed to synchronize all databases (unable to lock database). Yes i have the most recent version of the ISO and hash checked. Used cat to install on a USB stick. Yes I set timedatectl set-ntp true. Yes I can ping arch. Yes I tried rebuilding the mirrorlist with reflector using https country US latest 5 sorted by age.  Yes I check the ISO hash both Md5 and SHA256.

I got this trust signature error on my  other computer with arch already installed. I am just at lost and now I am down a computer cause I have wiped the partition and I am doing a LUKS encryption. And wondering if there is a system wide bug or is there something else I can do. I am going to try re-flashing the USB again.

Last edited by poptrek (2022-07-27 23:26:59)

#2 2022-07-27 21:29:29

poptrek

Re: [SOLVED] Pacstrap Issues

This can be marked as solved. For anyone else running into this issue.

pacman -S archlinux-keyring

updates the keyring and rebuilds it. I still think something funky went on in the keyring pakage should push a new ISO

Last edited by poptrek (2022-07-27 21:29:54)

#3 2022-07-27 22:12:33

2ManyDogs
Forum Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Pacstrap Issues

You can mark the thread yourself -- edit your first post and add [SOLVED] to the title.

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

Board footer