You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-01 07:38:56

PCPete68
Member
Registered: 2020-01-26
Posts: 10

Deepin Dock keeps popping up while in fullscreen games

Hi,
I posted this on the github page aswell so me being a bit lazy I just mostly copy and pasted this.

Deepin Dock keeps popping up while in fullscreen games. It doesn’t matter which mode I have the dock set to, always hide, always show etc.

There was an issue on the github page that was closed ages ago and was mentioned that upgrading dock would fix it. As you can see mine is a lot more upto date than previous reported but I am still suffeing from the popping up of the dock.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Play full screen game. Some times the dock pops up when I think the mouse pointer hits the bottom of the screen. Other times I have noticed it pops up with a key press, e, the shift, alt, control key are some keys this happened with. Games are proton / steam non native to linux and just standard wine none native games. Although I have noticed it does not happen with a really old game I play, Dungeons and dragons online.

OBSERVED RESULT
The dock pops up. Sometimes goes away, sometimes stayed and have to alt tab out of game and back again.

EXPECTED RESULT
Play full screen games with out intrusive dock popping up.

SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
deepin-dock 5.5.9.1-3
kwin 5.25.3-1
Arch

Thanks in advance,
Pete

Offline

#2 2022-08-01 20:10:26

linerman
Member
Registered: 2021-02-16
Posts: 63

Re: Deepin Dock keeps popping up while in fullscreen games

PCPete68 wrote:

SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
deepin-dock 5.5.9.1-3

Stable deepin-dock is 5.5.38.1-1
Are you sure your deepin is up to date?

Offline

#3 2022-08-02 00:16:40

PCPete68
Member
Registered: 2020-01-26
Posts: 10

Re: Deepin Dock keeps popping up while in fullscreen games

linerman wrote:
PCPete68 wrote:

SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
deepin-dock 5.5.9.1-3

Stable deepin-dock is 5.5.38.1-1
Are you sure your deepin is up to date?

Thanks for help.
It was at the time of writing the original report. I havn't fired it up since. Will go and update ASAP and see if that rectifies the problem.

Offline

#4 2022-08-02 02:43:59

PCPete68
Member
Registered: 2020-01-26
Posts: 10

Re: Deepin Dock keeps popping up while in fullscreen games

PCPete68 wrote:
linerman wrote:
PCPete68 wrote:

SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
deepin-dock 5.5.9.1-3

Stable deepin-dock is 5.5.38.1-1
Are you sure your deepin is up to date?

Thanks for help.
It was at the time of writing the original report. I havn't fired it up since. Will go and update ASAP and see if that rectifies the problem.

Yep just double checked, Had to reinstall a build as Ino longer had it arch and deeping installed

community/deepin-dock 5.5.38.1-1 (deepin) [installed]

Still happening, even on a game that has the option to lock the mouse.

Offline

#5 2022-08-02 05:13:44

linerman
Member
Registered: 2021-02-16
Posts: 63

Re: Deepin Dock keeps popping up while in fullscreen games

- Did you changed anything in Control Center -> Personalization ->Dock ?
- With Kwin 5.25.3-1 have you got in Control Center->Personalization-> General , window effect button switch on ?

(I play games using Steam and Deepin for a year and never had such situation with dock like you)

Last edited by linerman (2022-08-02 05:15:11)

Offline

#6 2022-08-02 07:36:58

PCPete68
Member
Registered: 2020-01-26
Posts: 10

Re: Deepin Dock keeps popping up while in fullscreen games

linerman wrote:

- Did you changed anything in Control Center -> Personalization ->Dock ?
- With Kwin 5.25.3-1 have you got in Control Center->Personalization-> General , window effect button switch on ?

(I play games using Steam and Deepin for a year and never had such situation with dock like you)

I tried to turn that on, Control Center->Personalization-> General , window effect button switch on but the screen just flickered a bit then automatically turned off again.

I did notice that, deepin-kwin 5.4.26-3 and kwin 5.25.3-1 (plasma) are installed. Is that normal or maybe the cause of my prob?

Thanks for getting back top me by the way.

Offline

#7 2022-08-02 08:39:37

linerman
Member
Registered: 2021-02-16
Posts: 63

Re: Deepin Dock keeps popping up while in fullscreen games

PCPete68 wrote:

I tried to turn that on, Control Center->Personalization-> General , window effect button switch on but the screen just flickered a bit then automatically turned off again.

I did notice that, deepin-kwin 5.4.26-3 and kwin 5.25.3-1 (plasma) are installed. Is that normal or maybe the cause of my prob?

I am not 100% sure but I suppose it is not deepin-dock issue but rather kwin.
As I mentioned earlier I did not observe behavior like yours with my deepin but I am using downgraded plasma-group (5.25.3-1 > 5.24.5-1) because these newest packages do not work well with deepin.
I would suggest you to try downgrade plasma group and check if your issue persist.

P.S. Have in mind that apart from downgrading plasma group you need to remove also deepin-wm with dependencies.
Kwin 5.24.5-2 comes with separate kwayland-server so remember to install that also.

More info regarding that:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 1#p2042391

Last edited by linerman (2022-08-02 08:50:50)

Offline

#8 2022-08-02 12:04:46

PCPete68
Member
Registered: 2020-01-26
Posts: 10

Re: Deepin Dock keeps popping up while in fullscreen games

So an update to my situation. I removed deepin-kwin and the problem was gone. That created other problems for me though as features are now gone that I use a lot, eg: no tiling windows when going to border of screen and missing features in control centre. Re-installing deeping-kwin and the problem raises it head again.

I thought I would put the updated info here as it may point someone that may be able to help, in the right direction. Looking like a bug in deepin-kwin as problem goes when it is not installed.

Last edited by PCPete68 (2022-08-02 12:06:36)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB