You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-01 06:49:45

fow0ryl

How to find removed package absl-py

Hello,

looks like the package absl-py is removed from the AUR.
But some other packages like flatcam-git  ->  pdf-or-tools depends on it,

Since I accidently deleted the absl-py package when resolving a conflict, I'm unable to run or rebuild some packages ...

So I need to build my own absl-py to fulfill the dependency ...
But how to find the old / removed  PKGBUILD and sources?

Henning

Last edited by fow0ryl (2022-08-01 06:50:15)

#2 2022-08-01 08:49:06

philo

Re: How to find removed package absl-py

Maybe:

git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/ <pkgname>

But it is here:

https://archlinux.org/packages/?sort=&q … =&flagged=

Last edited by philo (2022-08-02 07:30:15)

#3 2022-08-01 12:07:57

fow0ryl

git clone did not work, since the package is removed ....

And python-absl seems to have another versioning.

Even when I replace

depends=('python>=3.6' 'swig' 'python-protobuf>=3.19.1' 'absl-py>=0.13' 'python-numpy>=1.13.3') 

with this depens statement in python-or-tools

depends=('python>=3.6' 'swig' 'python-protobuf>=3.19.1' 'python-absl' 'python-numpy>=1.13.3') 

I can't build python-or-tool.
There are some errors with absl ...

So it would be very helpful to find the orginal absl-py package.

Last edited by fow0ryl (2022-08-01 12:08:44)

#4 2022-08-01 12:16:15

Scimmia
Fellow

Removing a package doesn't remove the git repo. If you can't clone it, it didn't exist. There's no deletion requests, either.

Even if you were to find it, the new package replaces it, so pacman will complain constantly about it, wanting to replace it with the new one. Not really a solution.

Since this appears to just be a rename, python-absl is what you want. The problem comes from the version in the dep, that should not be there and should never have been there in the first place.

If you want help with a build issue, post about that.

#5 2022-08-02 05:51:57

fow0ryl

Ok.
that means that somebody must have removed the old package. And because the new one is different, build of dependent packages fails. And thats not a pkgver problem.
Becaute the package is removed I'm unable to find out what has changed.
This is ugly and then affects all packages in AUR.

That means to me: take a clone of every packet + version and keep it in a safe place
I was hoping there was a backup of all AUR packages somewhere to avoid that.

I did not see another way to solve problems like "package not found in AUR" messages during a system update, because of removing packages from the AUR...

#6 2022-08-02 05:59:52

Scimmia
Fellow

OK, I'll be more explicit.

This was never in the AUR. It was in Community. It has been renamed, with everything else the same. Your issue is not because the package name. Stop making weird assumptions and just ask for help with the real problem.

#7 2022-08-02 07:30:55

fow0ryl

I did not make any assumptions, and I have only asked one question.
-> But how to find the old / removed  PKGBUILD and sources?

Maybe my english is to bad, so that the question is not clear to you.

And if a package is not found anymore, how can I recognisze, that it has been in the community repo before?

Finally, I only hoped to get an answer which puts me in a position to solve a similar problem on my own next time.

But I got nothing ...

#8 2022-08-02 07:38:13

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#9 2022-08-02 09:04:24

Raynman

fow0ryl wrote:

I did not make any assumptions, and I have only asked one question.
-> But how to find the old / removed  PKGBUILD and sources?

You have some problem with one or more packages that depend on absl-py. You assume that you need the old sources to fix this. See https://xyproblem.info/ Actually here we know a bit about X, but you ignore any replies not related to Y and won't give more details about X ("There are some errors with absl ...").

Searching package sources on github gives the commit that removed the old version: https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-c … 6781a4c19e

#10 2022-08-02 09:49:19

Awebb

Hmmmmmmm:

How do I find out if any of my installed packages disappeared from AUR?

The simplest way is to check the HTTP status of the package's AUR page:

$ comm -23 <(pacman -Qqm | sort) <(curl https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.gz | gzip -cd | sort)

Something went wrong.

#11 2022-08-02 10:45:53

Lone_Wolf

jasonwryan (or the forum software autoformatting for urls) didn't include the ?-mark in the url .

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#12 2022-08-02 12:16:05

Awebb

Lone_Wolf wrote:

jasonwryan (or the forum software autoformatting for urls) didn't include the ?-mark in the url .

The simplest way is to check the HTTP status of the package's AUR page:

$ comm -23 <(pacman -Qqm | sort) <(curl https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.gz | gzip -cd | sort)

I meant those two lines. Is it the heat or does this line do anything but check an HTTP status? (Offtopic anyway...)

#13 2022-08-03 08:41:10

fow0ryl

As I wrote in my first post, I stupidly deleted flatcam-git, python-or-tools and absl-py without backup (of course), because they were blocking some other updates ...

And because of that any pacman query will give an empty result to me.

The only thing I know, is that these packages are installed via trizen -S before. And they worked perfect until I deleted them.
So I tried to install absl-py again with "trizen -S absl-py", but got the error that its not found anymore. Ups.

After some searching I found python-absl, installed it and tried the next package (python-or-tools), But the same version as installed before did not build anymore because of missing dependency "absl-py>=0.13"
OK. I changed the dependency in python-or-tools PKGBUILD to "python-absl" to overcome this problem and tried again. But build of python-or-tools failed again. I have reported the error at python-or-tools.

But because absl-py is not the only package that dissapears in AUR I asekd a more general question. Is there a way to find deleted packages?

@Raynman
I followed your link. But I'm no developer, and so I never used github internals before. So it would be very helpful if you would explain how to do this search.
And the only thing I can take along is that absl-py is removed. Wow. Thats where I started ...

Last edited by fow0ryl (2022-08-03 08:41:43)

#14 2022-08-03 09:25:00

philo

Scimmia wrote:

Removing a package doesn't remove the git repo. If you can't clone it, it didn't exist. There's no deletion requests, either.

Even if you were to find it, the new package replaces it, so pacman will complain constantly about it, wanting to replace it with the new one. Not really a solution.

If you want help with a build issue, post about that.

Raynman wrote:

You have some problem with one or more packages that depend on absl-py. You assume that you need the old sources to fix this.
See https://xyproblem.info/ Actually here we know a bit about X, but you ignore any replies not related to Y and won't give more details about X ("There are some errors with absl ...").

Try to follow the advice already given. Otherwise,do not expect further help here.

You may have better luck on the AUR web pages,where at least you provide some details about you have tried to do with trizen (German version).

What is the full text of the PKGBUILD you use for python-or-tools ?

Last edited by philo (2022-08-05 17:57:49)

Board footer