You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-03 19:21:42

dale6998

10 year Spring Cleaning

Hello,

This is a general type of question that may get flamed to death, but I really don't know how or who to pose this to besides the Arch forums:

I've been using Arch for a little over 15 years, and I have been using this current system for about 10.  In the beginning, my understanding was quite weak and I wound up ruining, or blindly reinstalling (or just overinstalling), creating symlinks to .so files that I probably shouldn't have, etc., etc., etc.

I've gotten better over the years, but I would like to know if there's a procedure or guidelines that I could try to follow to just give the whole system a sanity check and make sure that my system is in proper working order, rather than just appearing to be in proper working order.

I understand if this is too broad of a question for these forums.  Any insight would be appreciated, however, since I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who has reaped a great amount of insight from this wonderful operating system, even if it did bruise some the configs along the way.

Thanks!

#2 2022-08-03 19:46:01

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: 10 year Spring Cleaning

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2022-08-03 20:20:06

dogknowsnx

Although I'd find it hard to believe that there's a chance you might be unaware of wiki entries such as those posted above, I will add one more link

EDIT: You might also want to check your systemd journal from time to time for anything amiss:

journalctl -p 3 -xb

Last edited by dogknowsnx (2022-08-03 21:33:59)

Notifications for Arch Linux package updates
RI - Rest your Eyes and Self

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Maynard James Keenan

#4 2022-08-11 22:28:51

dale6998

dogknowsnx wrote:

Although I'd find it hard to believe that there's a chance you might be unaware of wiki entries such as those posted above, I will add one more link

EDIT: You might also want to check your systemd journal from time to time for anything amiss:

journalctl -p 3 -xb

believe it.  Thanks for the advice, I will read up on these articles.  Thank you!

Board footer