You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-03 20:18:44

Garbg
Member
Registered: 2022-08-03
Posts: 6

Amdgpu driver package not up to date

The xf86-video-amdgpu package is not up to date with the newest version (22.20)
And an update a while really improved the performance of opengl and things that use opengl and I want better performance.

Last edited by Garbg (2022-08-04 12:54:17)

Offline

#2 2022-08-03 20:57:11

JaydenDev
Member
Registered: 2022-07-11
Posts: 123

Re: Amdgpu driver package not up to date

I can barely understand what you want. Where are you getting so called 'amdgpu' and what version of it do you have installed.


System Specs:
Intel Core i5-2400 Nvidia GTX 1050ti Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury (Mouse) BestBuy Essentials USB Keyboard
Software Specifications:
Desktop Environment: KDE Plasma Window Manager: KWin Operating System: Arch Linux (btw)

Offline

#3 2022-08-04 00:53:55

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 17,084

Re: Amdgpu driver package not up to date

xf86-video-amdgpu has no relation or relevance to the proprietary amdgpu stack and has no effect at all on your OpenGL performance

If you are actually talking about the AUR package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/amdgpu-pro-libgl  then notify the maintainer via the marking as outdated functionality. Note that in the majority of cases you get better performance from the open drivers in the mesa packages.

Mod note, moving to AUR issues.

Offline

#4 2022-08-04 12:48:04

Garbg
Member
Registered: 2022-08-03
Posts: 6

Re: Amdgpu driver package not up to date

I am saying that the latest version of amd drivers are not availible on arch
Here is the latest version available on arch:
https://i.ibb.co/LdQN066/archlatest.png
And here is the latest version availible on amd's website:
https://i.ibb.co/ZK7XZXP/latestver.png
That means the version on arch is way older than the latest version and if you check all the other packages relating to radeon they are on the latest version


Mod Edit - Replaced oversized images with links.
CoC - Pasting pictures and code

Last edited by Slithery (2022-08-04 14:28:08)

Offline

#5 2022-08-04 12:51:10

Garbg
Member
Registered: 2022-08-03
Posts: 6

Re: Amdgpu driver package not up to date

JaydenDev wrote:

I can barely understand what you want. Where are you getting so called 'amdgpu' and what version of it do you have installed.

I am talking about the xf86-video-amdgpu package. It is out of date you can see the post I made with the images. and if you go to https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x8 … eo-amdgpu/ you can see it was built 5 months ago.

Offline

#6 2022-08-04 12:53:05

Garbg
Member
Registered: 2022-08-03
Posts: 6

Re: Amdgpu driver package not up to date

V1del wrote:

xf86-video-amdgpu has no relation or relevance to the proprietary amdgpu stack and has no effect at all on your OpenGL performance

If you are actually talking about the AUR package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/amdgpu-pro-libgl  then notify the maintainer via the marking as outdated functionality. Note that in the majority of cases you get better performance from the open drivers in the mesa packages.

Mod note, moving to AUR issues.

This is not an aur issue I am talking about the xf86-video-amdgpu package

Offline

#7 2022-08-04 12:54:26

Scimmia
Fellow
Registered: 2012-09-01
Posts: 9,568

Re: Amdgpu driver package not up to date

Garbg wrote:
V1del wrote:

xf86-video-amdgpu has no relation or relevance to the proprietary amdgpu stack and has no effect at all on your OpenGL performance

If you are actually talking about the AUR package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/amdgpu-pro-libgl  then notify the maintainer via the marking as outdated functionality. Note that in the majority of cases you get better performance from the open drivers in the mesa packages.

Mod note, moving to AUR issues.

This is not an aur issue I am talking about the xf86-video-amdgpu package

It is not out of date. You're confusing amdgpu with amdgpu-pro.

Online

#8 2022-08-04 17:01:55

Garbg
Member
Registered: 2022-08-03
Posts: 6

Re: Amdgpu driver package not up to date

Scimmia wrote:
Garbg wrote:
V1del wrote:

xf86-video-amdgpu has no relation or relevance to the proprietary amdgpu stack and has no effect at all on your OpenGL performance

If you are actually talking about the AUR package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/amdgpu-pro-libgl  then notify the maintainer via the marking as outdated functionality. Note that in the majority of cases you get better performance from the open drivers in the mesa packages.

Mod note, moving to AUR issues.

This is not an aur issue I am talking about the xf86-video-amdgpu package

It is not out of date. You're confusing amdgpu with amdgpu-pro.

Then what is the correct package? I am not confusing it I am looking at the xf86-video-amdgpu package which is for non pro amd cards.

Offline

#9 2022-08-04 17:51:49

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 17,084

Re: Amdgpu driver package not up to date

You are confusing it.  The version you are referring to is for the pro/proprietary driver and the latest release of xf86-video-amdgpu is as it is in the repositories. This is the latest tagged commit: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/dri … gpu-22.0.0

Last edited by V1del (2022-08-04 17:52:58)

Offline

#10 2022-08-04 17:58:33

Garbg
Member
Registered: 2022-08-03
Posts: 6

Re: Amdgpu driver package not up to date

V1del wrote:

You are confusing it.  The version you are referring to is for the pro/proprietary driver and the latest release of xf86-video-amdgpu is as it is in the repositories. This is the latest tagged commit: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/dri … gpu-22.0.0

Where can I download the proprietary drivers for arch then?
Also, thanks for clearing this up :)

Last edited by Garbg (2022-08-04 17:59:00)

Offline

#11 2022-08-04 18:29:56

Scimmia
Fellow
Registered: 2012-09-01
Posts: 9,568

Re: Amdgpu driver package not up to date

Start here, but chances are that you don't actually want it.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AMDGPU_PRO

Last edited by Scimmia (2022-08-04 18:30:09)

Online

#12 2022-08-04 18:51:46

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 17,084

Re: Amdgpu driver package not up to date

As already mentioned, for gaming/normal desktop use cases the open drivers you already have a generally faster and better, you can look at various benchmarks comparing them. The pro drivers "main" use is for tools that need/want a verified/company backed solution e.g. one thing that comes to mind is the davinci resolve video editor which simply mandates the amdgpu pro drivers.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB