You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-10 23:53:00

lumin4ry

Touchscreen input issue after idle

Hi, I run vanilla Arch on both my desktop and, as of a few months ago, my 2018 Razer Blade Stealth. Yes I know, Razer laptops blah blah blah, I've gotten it all ironed out with little trouble.

The one problem I still haven't solved has to do with the touchscreen. I was surprised to find that the touchscreen input worked perfectly upon install without any tweaking, and it still does. However, I've noticed that when the device is left sitting for a few hours at a time, the touchscreen will eventually start picking up "ghost inputs" and erratically performing selections, zooming, etc. which makes the laptop pretty much unusable while it's happening. This goes away after a reboot but I haven't found any other way to stop it, and it's obviously rather inconvenient to drop everything and reboot when this occurs.

If anyone has experienced this before or has any idea of how to approach it, a reply would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps lowering the screen's sensitivity would help, if that is a possibility?
I'd also be willing to disable the touchscreen entirely as a last resort; I make use of it fairly infrequently, but it is occasionally nice to have e.g. if I am reading something with the laptop on my chest while laying down. If it's possible to toggle touch input on/off that would probably be a nice solution.

TIA

#2 2022-08-22 05:57:49

Rtqate

Re: Touchscreen input issue after idle

I had something similar on my Dell (their support called it "ghost touches"). They fixed it by upgrading the touchscreen's firmware (the laptop was on warranty at the time).

Board footer