You are not logged in.

#1 2006-10-31 17:49:27

dienadel

About Ignore packages

Hello,

Remember the discusions about the font changes with the freetype or fontconfig upgrade?

Well, i don't know why, but the fonts that i have now are perfect, so i want to avoid situations like the previous ones.

I read in the forums that one option was hold the packages in pacman.conf. I supose that this in made by adding the package name in the line "HoldPkg", isn't it?

What are the packages related to the problems in the past? i have added to that line "fontconfig". Would i add freetype1/2?

More questions about the HoldPkg line:

1- Supose i have foo in that line. In my system the installed version is foo-1.4. A few moths later, the foo2 requires foo version >=1.5. What would happen?

2- In that line appears pacman and glibc. I didn't put them, so i supose is done by default in the installation process. Is normal, or would i quit them?

I think that's all.

Thanks!

#2 2006-10-31 18:43:32

byte

Re: About Ignore packages

The pacman and glibc entries are default and HoldPkg just makes sure that those pkgs would never get uninstalled.

You seem to want IgnorePkg.

#3 2006-10-31 19:22:39

dienadel

Yes, you're right, it's the IgnorePkg, no hold. Thanks!

so the questions are now:

1- What are the packages related to the problems in the past? i have added "fontconfig" as ignorepkg . Would i add freetype1/2 too?

2- Supose i have foo in the IgnorePkg line. In my system the installed version is foo-1.4. A few moths later, the foo2 requires foo version >=1.5. What would happen?

Thanks again!

#4 2006-10-31 19:38:47

tomk
Forum Fellow

dienadel wrote:

2- Supose i have foo in the IgnorePkg line. In my system the installed version is foo-1.4. A few moths later, the foo2 requires foo version >=1.5. What would happen?

Unresolvable dependencies. You would have to decide at that stage which was more important to you - the latest foo2, or the old, Ignored version of foo.

Board footer