You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-16 00:30:29

nicehand90210

Can't upgrade archlinux-keyring signature can't be verified XD!!!!!!!!

FANTASTIC!!!

No I'm legitimately pissed now.

I started with the problem that I couldn't use pacstrap to install a new Arch system because the signature from "David Runge" was "marginal trust"

So I tried what the documentation says about upgrading archlinux-keyring if there was an unavoidable delay in upgrading Arch:

pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring && pacman -Su

and GUESS WHAT IT GIVES ME:

error: archlinux-keyring: signature from "Christian Hesse <eworm@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust

So in other words, it looks like I CAN'T UPGRADE THE ARCHLINUX-KEYRING in order to AVOID AN UNVERIFIABLE SIGNATURE because AN UNVERIFIABLE SIGNATURE is PREVENTING ME FROM UPGRADING THE ARCHLINUX-KEYRING.

PLEASE. I AM NOT GIVING UP ON ARCH I LOVE ARCH. HELP A MAN OUT THANKS.

Last edited by nicehand90210 (2022-08-16 10:40:36)

#2 2022-08-16 01:03:03

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: Can't upgrade archlinux-keyring signature can't be verified XD!!!!!!!!

What installation iso are you using?  The latest should not have such issues.

#3 2022-08-16 02:18:17

nicehand90210

Okay, so I was using an iso I had downloaded about 2 weeks ago and *assumed* I wouldn't run into problems. I have not been able to connect to landlord's Wifi since dled the iso so had to go to the library to try an install on their Wifi. I now have the ABSOLUTE LATEST iso USB and will tomorrow go to the library to see if I can succeed in installing Arch onto my new system now…

It's just been…life has been really rough. I love Arch though. I'll get this thing working. <3

#4 2022-09-08 20:10:42

GreyKnight572

I was stuck on this for about a month. There doesn't seem to be much info on this issue anywhere.

Turns out, I just had to wait 2-3 minutes after booting up the installer. Something refreshes the keyring in the background.

Board footer