You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-16 15:09:33

KirottuM

Laptop randomly fails to resume from suspend

Hello!

This issue has been bugging me for years now, and it is starting to get unbearable due to my reliance on suspend. Sometimes when suspending the laptop never wakes up again. The laptop is an HP 14s-fq0xxx, using a Ryzen 5 4500U for the APU. This issue does also not relate to the DE/WM or Wayland/Xorg for that matter, as I have various DEs/WMs and Wayland and Xorg and the issue has always persisted. Here is the entire dmesg log from a boot which had a suspend failure.

Any help would be appreciated!

#2 2022-08-17 08:21:29

KirottuM

Re: Laptop randomly fails to resume from suspend

Update: for some reason sometimes the laptop gets into a loop of suspending and waking up with some random-ish time interval.

#3 2022-08-19 21:44:30

PootisBird

Seems like your gpu driver is crashing and you also get some ACPI errors, they may be related since laptops can come with wonky ACPI implementation.
Did you consider filling a bug report at upstream bugzilla?

Have you tried fiddling with acpi_backlight= parameter, as I see it listed on your kernel command line?

#4 2022-08-21 05:25:13

KirottuM

`acpi_backlight` I have already set to vendor, to well make backlight control work. The weird looping of suspend and waking up was also caused due to my wireless mouse being on for some reason, which caused it to wake up constantly. I have also updated the BIOS, as it was really out of date. If the problem persists with this newer BIOS I will inform about it.

Board footer